Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Swap Food Stamps for ‘100% American’ Food Packages

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Is there grape flavored liquor?
    Yep.

Actually you'd be surprised with some of the stuff, I've got some pretty good customers. I've got some bad ones, but the good outweighs the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    1000%. Just own it. Was it overtly racist? Maybe not. Was it negative stereotyping, which I am also guilty of? Absolutely and everyone knew it.
    1) Drop the mic.

2) Bow.

3) Exit stage.

Thanks ambulance chasing lawyer man!
    Low country redneck who moved north

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    How about a couple cases of MRE's a month, we feed them to " Joe" every day
    MRE's are too new and too easy. I'm sure the military has a bunch of warehouses of surplus K-rats and C-rats left over from Korea and 'Nam. Each single meal box of C-rats comes with a small super sweet (quick energy) chocolate candy bar, a pack of 5 cigarettes and a P-38 can opener. You never knew what brand of cigs you were going to get in your box so you could trade them with someone else that got your brand. I've eat plenty of them and I survived, all of them except the canned pound cake were nasty, but when you are hungry you don't turn nothing down. I still have a couple P-38s I had and I carry one my dad saved from Korea on my key ring. These are the old style with a hardened steel cutting blade. Not those crappy aluminum ones you buy at stores today.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Is there grape flavored liquor?
    Pretty sure that is called wine

I thought they all drank what they call Purple Drank? Something mixed with codeine cough syrup.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    No it’s very straight forward. You have a right to give those people your entire paycheck if you choose to. But the government doesn’t have the right to give them a nickel of your money or mine.
    Yeap. Nothing Christian about having the government give them other people's money.

If government would get out of the handout business we'd be amazed at what Christians and church's could do in it's place.

I maintain that it’s not that simple. I don’t know that we as Americans have zero obligations or responsibilities for fellow Americans. I am all for strict requirements for aid- drug testing, job seeking, etc. However, to simply claim that all folks on SNAP are sorry, lazy, non-deserving citizens who just need to get a job is over-simplification. But what do I know? Apparently I am an ambulance chaser (anybody been hurt lately?).
    Carolina Counsel

Extreme akim usually handles my big cases but I may have a lead on a civil rights lawsuit against a grape soda company

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Yeap. Nothing Christian about having the government give them other people's money.

If government would get out of the handout business we'd be amazed at what Christians and church's could do in it's place.
    It's a sticky situation however you look at it in this case.

The bible says to submit to governing authorities because there are no authorities except those established by God.

So we as Christians don't like how the government is handling what we give them. Perhaps instead of waiting for the govt to get out of the handout business we should up our game.
    If Christians did a better job of taking care of those in need maybe the govt wouldn't need to.

Idk what the answer is, but the above is just kind of Some rambling thoughts. As bastardized as our government has become I find it hard to believe they'll ever cut back on programs like what we're talking about.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

They ought to cut the shit out. If they need it fine but a mandatory drug testing of all that eat off it. These people cannot fucking tell me that for 5-10-15- even 20 plus years they couldn't better themselves to be able to fucking eat. I work 10 plus hours a day just like everyone on this board to feed a family and better ourselves. Absolutely fuckem and starve them out. Makes me shitten

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I maintain that it’s not that simple. I don’t know that we as Americans have zero obligations or responsibilities for fellow Americans.
    It is that simple. We do and we did for the first 140 years of this country there was no income tax. We have a moral obligation to take care of the poor. But it isn't the government's job and it's unconstitutional. No where in the Constitution will you find the power to tax a man's earnings enumerated to the federal government. There are only 18 powers enumerated (numbered) to the federal government. Not one of those 18 gives them the power to tax a man's earnings. The only thing government is allowed to tax is unearned income. The Founders even stated in the Federalist Papers that it was immoral to tax the income from a man's sweat.

Did you ever wonder why people didn't starve to death by the millions during the Great Recession (intentionally cause by government)? Because Americans are the most charitable people in the world. In our grandfather's day community charities, churches, their own families, etc. Took care of these people, it's never been a burden and it never felt like a burden, it felt like a good deed. Also each county had County Farms, some people called them the poor houses. If a man lost his job for whatever reason and couldn't take care of his family he and his family moved to the County Farm. Our here was out on County Farm Rd near Hwy 34. It was a large farm owned by the county. It had a manager, he and his family lived in the "Big House". Scattered out over the farm were small houses similar to share cropper houses. A down on their luck family moved into one of the houses. They had their own garden land to grow food and they worked on the County Farm which sold produce, hogs, eggs, etc to the outside community. This gave the family a chance to get on their feet (they were paid a small pittance for the work) and gave the man plenty of time to find a job. Being in the poor house or at the county farm carried a negative stigma, no man wanted to be there so they usually found a wage earning job pretty quickly.

In other words there were ways, be they charity, churches or family or County Farms for the community to take care of people. The reason there isn't as much charity now and the County Farms are gone is because government got involved. Government welfare is immoral, it destroys families and the money is stolen from the citizens. As Thomas Jefferson said: To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

https://www.monticello.org
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 02-13-2018 at 11:39 PM.

...and I tire of that “black community” crap. That went away when red lining went away. My skin color doesn’t make me responsible for an entire ethnici group. You don’t hear people hollering about the white community needing to get their act together because a certain segment of white folk are a drain on the system.

Edited to add: I don’t mean this as a swipe at you Black Bart. I understood your intent.
    Last edited by Roddie; 02-14-2018 at 12:52 AM.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Should I bring the grape soda?
    My Man!

Hard for me to care a whole lot when a large percentage of the folks getting food stamps don't quit having babies. You're irresponsible and have a baby without the means to support it? OK. You and your man refuse to get married so you can keep on getting the benefits? Whatever. Keep on having babies? Kiss my ass. Nobody should receive a damn thing if you have another child while you're already the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I laughed out loud...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Swap Food Stamps for ‘100% American’ Food Packages

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    How about a couple cases of MRE's a month, we feed them to " Joe" every day

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    MREs are expensive. 7$ per meal...

It isn’t fascist at all to give away free food. If you want a choice get a job and go earn that ribeye.

There should be strict guidelines on what can be purchased like the WIC program and it should have a time limit on it. It really says something about our system that the poorest people in our country are usually the fattest.

And that’s true from the poorest places in Mississippi, to Orangeburg, to Appalachia and to Bama fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by led0321; 02-14-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Funny this is part of farm bill. Farmers get more handouts than SNAP/EBT/Food Stamp receivers ever thought of.
    The farmers would be happy to stop taking those "handouts" if the government would let them price the commodities as they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    It is that simple. We do and we did for the first 140 years of this country there was no income tax. We have a moral obligation to take care of the poor. But it isn't the government's job and it's unconstitutional. No where in the Constitution will you find the power to tax a man's earnings enumerated to the federal government. There are only 18 powers enumerated (numbered) to the federal government. Not one of those 18 gives them the power to tax a man's earnings. The only thing government is allowed to tax is unearned income. The Founders even stated in the Federalist Papers that it was immoral to tax the income from a man's sweat.

Did you ever wonder why people didn't starve to death by the millions during the Great Recession (intentionally cause by government)? Because Americans are the most charitable people in the world. In our grandfather's day community charities, churches, their own families, etc. Took care of these people, it's never been a burden and it never felt like a burden, it felt like a good deed. Also each county had County Farms, some people called them the poor houses. If a man lost his job for whatever reason and couldn't take care of his family he and his family moved to the County Farm. Our here was out on County Farm Rd near Hwy 34. It was a large farm owned by the county. It had a manager, he and his family lived in the "Big House". Scattered out over the farm were small houses similar to share cropper houses. A down on their luck family moved into one of the houses. They had their own garden land to grow food and they worked on the County Farm which sold produce, hogs, eggs, etc to the outside community. This gave the family a chance to get on their feet (they were paid a small pittance for the work) and gave the man plenty of time to find a job. Being in the poor house or at the county farm carried a negative stigma, no man wanted to be there so they usually found a wage earning job pretty quickly.

In other words there were ways, be they charity, churches or family or County Farms for the community to take care of people. The reason there isn't as much charity now and the County Farms are gone is because government got involved. Government welfare is immoral, it destroys families and the money is stolen from the citizens. As Thomas Jefferson said: To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

https://www.monticello.org
    Thanks for the history lesson, Merg. I've been down that road countless times and never he meaning behind the name.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...