Thread: Grizzly Stiks for trad bows

OK. When I hear new technology and bowhunting I usually run for cover. The "quick and easy" targeted at the "dumb and lazy" escapes me when it comes to bowhunting. That being said....these grizzly stiks sound pretty cool. 1) A heavy shaft for trad bows....most important. 2) Using taper to eliminate the archer's paradox....wondered when the golf shaft/fishing rod guys would see this opportunity. 3) The durabitily of carbon fiber woven into a bidirectional cloth....hoop strength and impact resistance go way up. 4) They also have some kind of wraps that make your arrows look dipped and crested.... so I won't look like a sharecropper on my next piggie hunt with Tradorian (aka Mr. Arrow Art).

If you haven't seen them, check out alaskabowhunting.com I think.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

tradorion Coots

DAMNIT Son... if you are even thinking about buying some of them I am going to tell your wife... she'll know that you two really can afford another kid!!

They are proud of those things- BUT I WANT SOME!

R

Expensive...yes, but I think the durability might make the long term cost pretty reasonable.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Thanks for the link. Maybe I'll splurge for some after I stick my first deer with one of trad's fancy arrows.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

tradorion Coots

My "special" arrows match the lace on my panties...

As for the cost thing- I would guess you might be right- I have considered them. With the crest tape on the fletching end they could go just about forever...

T