Thread: Beaufort County sues pharmaceutical companies

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Beaufort County sues pharmaceutical companies

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Will open the door for gun manufacturer lawsuits. If the doctor is not properly prescribing, then get his/her ass.
    Last edited by Bownut; 02-13-2018 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Obviously hung over when typing

yeah i dont Think folsk should be able to Sue job creaters like This

it's just a way for the (((lawyers))) to make Money

Beaufort County must be run by democrats

It is very much run by democrats.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

What a load of shit

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    It is very much run by democrats.
    (((democrats))) thEre i fixed it for you hah hah aha

This is oversimplified, but it is 100% accurate and all anyone really needs to know regarding this issue...

The government...Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services...look for reasons to pay physicians and hospitals less or not at all; insurance 101. So, to “improve quality and lower costs” they tied reimbursement rates to patient satisfaction.

At approximately the same time, “pain is the 5th vital sign” was being pushed by...hell, I don’t know who it was being pushed by, but I gurandamntee you they were getting paid by the pharmacy companies.
    So, this meant...pain is personal, and if someone says they hurt, you let them tell you on a scale of 1/10 how bad and then treat the living shit out of it. That would have been enough for druggies to figure out how to game the system, but just to make sure they “got it,” hospitals and physicians had to administer surveys specifically asking how well their pain was controlled....the questions begged patients to answer in a way that encouraged providers to treat pain more aggressively.
    Long story short...If you wanted to get paid for what you did, you gave pain scripts for anything that might remotely hurt a little bit.

Ive anesthetized many, many patients in their 20s that have figured out just what to say to get a procedure done that will get them a script. The surgeons and hospitals are damned if they do/damned if they don’t. Now the government wants to point the finger at Doc’s and pharma. Hey, there were plenty of dirty Doc’s and crooked folks in big pharma, but most are good people who saw this coming years ago...this was a situation caused and exacerbated by CMS.

Now they will step in again and make this all worse...might take 5 years to know how and to what extent, but watch, it’ll get worse.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    This is oversimplified, but it is 100% accurate and all anyone really needs to know regarding this issue...

The government...Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services...look for reasons to pay physicians and hospitals less or not at all; insurance 101. So, to “improve quality and lower costs” they tied reimbursement rates to patient satisfaction.

At approximately the same time, “pain is the 5th vital sign” was being pushed by...hell, I don’t know who it was being pushed by, but I gurandamntee you they were getting paid by the pharmacy companies.
    So, this meant...pain is personal, and if someone says they hurt, you let them tell you on a scale of 1/10 how bad and then treat the living shit out of it. That would have been enough for druggies to figure out how to game the system, but just to make sure they “got it,” hospitals and physicians had to administer surveys specifically asking how well their pain was controlled....the questions begged patients to answer in a way that encouraged providers to treat pain more aggressively.
    Long story short...If you wanted to get paid for what you did, you gave pain scripts for anything that might remotely hurt a little bit.

Ive anesthetized many, many patients in their 20s that have figured out just what to say to get a procedure done that will get them a script. The surgeons and hospitals are damned if they do/damned if they don’t. Now the government wants to point the finger at Doc’s and pharma. Hey, there were plenty of dirty Doc’s and crooked folks in big pharma, but most are good people who saw this coming years ago...this was a situation caused and exacerbated by CMS.

Now they will step in again and make this all worse...might take 5 years to know how and to what extent, but watch, it’ll get worse.
    This is spot on.

I’m an attorney and if was on the jury I don’t think I could rule in favor of the drug addicts.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    This is spot on.

I’m an attorney and if was on the jury I don’t think I could rule in favor of the drug addicts.
    HELL YEAH these are the kinds oF things that make me proud To Be an AMERICAN!!!

its pretty simple to check the database and look at the patient's prescriptions over the last year. I've turned away many drug seekers because of the recent access docs were given to this info. SOME of the impetus is on the doc, surely....and Big Pharma is well aware of the data for opioid use....but its the PATIENT who is lying.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Pass the blame. That is what we as society have done.

And just to clarify, that is thrown at the individuals that aren't willing to assume responsibility for the situation they have put themselves in. What ends up happening is the ones that truly need the meds will have a harder time getting them.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Get 'em addicted then cut off supply pushing them to the street corners. Sounds about right for a govt run industry.

They're hitting us up now. Wanting scripts for their pets for "pain" that cannot be diagnosed.

This is much like "big tobacco" who was proven they hid the dangers of their products. Big Pharma is no different. The addiction is a crisis and the pharmaceutical companies don't give a crap about either the patients or the addicts. All they care about is that their product is getting used or abused. If they "need" it they will continue to produce it and make money hand over fist in the long run. The only outcome of these lawsuits will increase the drug prices patients will have to pay for the meds they need and increase everyones insurance to cover the costs. And oh the money to be made by the lawyers too.