Thread: Trad

Hey R, tell us about the elk hunt...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

.....inquiring minds want to know
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

tradorion Coots

Gentlemen- you have my apologies- a tree modified the house pre-hunt and it was not as dried in as it look according to Frances.... anyway- i am trying to get the house ready for the next round of shit. and working to get through a last week of Econ- got a group paper, an individual paper, a group presentation and a final exam ALL due monday nite.

I will post this for now along with further HEAD BOWED apologies and promise to do better soon....

The mountains were gorgeous, snow pre-trip melted by the time we got up top... saw TONS of mule deer- and will have a tag next year! Saw a good many elk including a good percentage inside of 65yds.... but none wanted to come to dinner- saw cows, spikes and mostly legal bulls again this year.... killed grouse and had rice, gravy, biscuits and grouse on the mountain as well as caught trout and had them too.... got snowed on one day- my buddy and i argue over how much but lets say 5ish inches. Enough to turn the world smooth and white and shut us down awhile.

Lost weight, got some sun, was well rested and had an absolute BLAST!!!

More soon-

R

tradorion Coots

p.s. Can i PLEAAAAASE go back?? My tag is still good for another week or so....

R

trad-where were you hunting? I'm checking scducks on my phone (ain't technology great??) on the way to CO to chase elk (hopefully) for 6 days - almost to st. louis now.

Post some pics if you get a chance.

Good luck Chris. [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hunt.gif[/img]

tradorion Coots

We were in the Sarvis Wilderness SE of Steamboat Springs in the NW corner of the state.... will try to get some photos on soon...

where are you headed? I want to hear how the last week goes as we are considering going last week next year...

I am assuming bowhunting as muzzleloader is out this weekend i think- or are you doing a RFW hunt?

R

Ghetto, thanks.

Trad, we're bowhunting near Mt. Gunnison - W-SW of Vail. We hunted about the same week last year - one of the guys with us killed a cow and 4 out of the 6 of us were within bow range of bulls but couldn't get a good shot. The rut seemed to really picking up near the end of our trip last year

Sorry, I'm sending these from my phone and my post got cut off. I'll let you know how the next week goes. We left Cola. about 9:30 yesterday morning and we just went through Denver (10 AM ET). It may be a few days before I can get back on the net.

kirk