Thread: got one

Last week I went to Estill. I got an eight point with a .270. The next afternoon I was in the tree stand then it started to rain. It was very cold, but I sat and waited. when the rain stoped I saw a deer rubing on a tree. So I drew my bow back and leaned out but did not have a shot. Then he moved face me then began to eat. I decided to place an arrow in the neck because it would be hard to track blood when the ground was wet. He droped so quick. It was only a three point but it was with the bow.

Congratulations on your deer Petey. PLEASE save the neck shots for your .270 and go with lung shots with your bow, if not, you will lose more deer than you recover. This is not my opinion, every bow hunter education course in the country teaches that the neck shot is a low percentage shot and should be avoided. Not trying to crawl your butt over this, trying to save you much grief in the future
    \"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men.\" - MAURICE THOMPSON, The Witchery of Archery. 1878

Congrats on the bucks.
    “I’ve often said there’s nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse.” - Ronald Regan
    GOD Bless America!!!
    Echo '94
    Lankyman

DuCabin is offline The KING of no original thoughts!

[img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img] put him in the dirt I hear ya!
    \"If you\'re not living life to the fullest just go ahead and die or get with living it to the fullest, now!!!!!\" <br />\"The only thing necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do NOTHING.\" Edmund Burke