Thread: Where to buy Primers?

Default Where to buy Primers?

Where is a good place to buy reloading supplies? Specifically looking for CCI 209m primers. Midway has them, but the hazardous shipping cost is close to what it costs for 1000.

Mike

Be careful answering Mike publicly, you might cause a run on your favorite store. Next time you go, they'll be out of primers. Prices on everything in the store will go up because of the increased demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    Be careful answering Mike publicly, you might cause a run on your favorite store. Next time you go, they'll be out of primers. Prices on everything in the store will go up because of the increased demand.
    Nah man...increased sales increase profit and allow him to stock even more supplies. Its a win-win.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    If only there was an agency in charge of all Primers that could give him all the the specific information he could want with something as simple as a phone call. That'd be sweet and a good way to get the information. Mike isn't that lucky though. He has to ask on a public forum.

Powder valley is a good online source. But you'll have to bundle to get over the hazmat fee.

As for local options where are you located?

Gun shows.

What are 209s, shotgun? They should be easy to find.

Cabelas in Greenville actually had Federal Gold Match SPP on the shelf the other day. They were unicorns the last few years.

If all you need is 1000, you are best buying OTC vs shipping from any source.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sheep; 02-02-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Natchez was discounting Hazmat fees if you bought a certain amount of powder/primers. Think it was 10# or so.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I might have a few thousand in the garage. I’ll check when I get home
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Thank for the suggestions. I'll look into some of those sources. I'm in Myrtle. The "regular" 209's I can usually find, but I'm looking for the CCI 209m.
    Mike

Blue Collar Reloading out of NC. Nice folks.

Ballistic products runs a hazmat free shipping deal about every 3 months or so if you can live that long without them
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Ballistic products Coupon code : SAVE85

It expires Feb 6 but you get 85% off your hazmat if you order over $99
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

There is a reloading component only dealer just outside Aiken in Graniteville SC named Billy Jones. Tell him Humpy sent you.

magnumreloading@aol.com

803 663 6516
    Distinguished Rifleman High Power & Smallbore Prone, Presidents Hundred (Rifle), US Palma & Dewar Teams , Formerly US Army Picatinny Arsenal Small Cal Wpns Lab, Spec Projects Group Dover Devil Cal 50 Machinegun , Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director Aberdeen Prov Gnd, Member Int Wound Ballistics Assn., consultant to Fed Law Enf Tng Ctr, Glynco, US Border Pat, Defense Crim Inv Service, Army Munitions and Chem Cmd, Army Wound Ballistics Lab, NRA Life 1972, AC4HT, Firefighter 1, Shriner

thread resurrection

I got a friend looking for 209A federal primers. I dont even know what they are.....or where to find them

help?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

They can be found in the same place unicorns, leprechauns and South Carolina panther cats are......

I've got a bunch of shotgun shell primers. No clue what they are, except theyre for shotgun shells.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Good luck. The ammo companies have cut back on selling primers when they ramped up production of their own shotshells. As a result primers have become scarce.

BB Ill take the primers. PM me what you want for them
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

They're all over the place on gunbroker. Higher than camel cock too.

Other than that, retail stores seem to stay wiped out unless you're lucky enough to be there when they stock the shelves from that day's shipment.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-19-2021 at 10:14 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft