Thread: Deer Huntin' Camo Study

Check out this website. Intersting read.

http://www.whitetail.com/camo1.html

I have been hunting long enough to know if you stay still, a deer will look right past you most of the time but I thought it was interesting to compare the high-definition camo to the "simplier" kind in black and white photos (the way a deer would view it) at about 20 yards or so.

The white areas on the camo really blend well with the skyline and would be great for treestand hunting. Once again, I guess if you would have to imagine it from a deer's perspective.

That Predator camo is good looking stuff, here is their website if your interested.

http://www.predatorcamo.com/

I already have a closet full of camo (apparently the blotchy kind according to the study) and really don't see myself getting anymore anytime soon.

However...

It does make me want black, brown, and green stripe my old white dress shirts with a few cans of spray paint though. HAHA.
    (Mom wouldn't be pleased)

Originally posted by Hutch:
    When they bust you they can let the whole woods know that you are there and you can miss your chance at a smart mature buck.
    I concur. Camo up!!!!

Predator camo is some fugly shit. Try some Natural Gear, It ain't exactly pretty but I have been pleased with it.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

ASAT is another good pattern that is truthful like Predator. I also used some Sneaky Leaf on some old clothes during turkey season and was absolutely amazed with the results. Every time I got birds at 10 yards the previous season they were usually alert. I had a hen almost eat a hopper off of my leg this year. Oh yeah, and a bag is $15.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

If you want to look like a BassPro model at the local NWTF banquet, then wear the newest Mossy Oak pattern (so you can turn into a big dark blob at 20 yards). If you wanna bowhunt, wear Predator or ASAT. Camosnob said it was fugly, but I ain't in the woods to win no modeling competition. Predator Deception is my choice. Predator Deception Green for turkeys.

JMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

Yeah that ASAT is some good looking stuff. I have a friend that does a lot of big game bowhunting out west, and he swears by it!

very good read!
    stripa swipa-that stuff is the bomb!
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Fred Asbell wrote the book (literally) on stalking and still hunting deer with a bow. I've never seen a pic of him with anything but a plaid shirt on. Same concept as predator and asat. Some guys are starting to use the new lightweight ghillie suits effectively for bowhunting from the ground. I like the sneaky leaf for turkey cause I want to be very mobile. I may get a ghillie for deer, though. Maybe, a plaid ghillie, actually.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead