Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to drop some winter weight

Default Time to drop some winter weight

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    You’re kidding right? Starving yourself is not the answer.
    Just drink nutrition shakes in the am.....It isn’t that hard.

unless you have no self control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kayakkillshots; 03-08-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

Quote Originally Posted by kayakkillshots View Post
    Just drink nutrition shakes in the am.....It isn’t that hard.

unless you have no self control.

Kayak you looked pretty chunky with those 3lb bass
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

This kid ��. MM, going after a PR Murph in the am. You need to get on your pops, they spend more time talking than working out, I’m thinking heavy bike next week would be right in the wheelhouse for them

You can eat three big meals a day if you eat right and work right. One meal per day is silly. You need calories to work hard and burn fat.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot14 View Post
    This kid ��. MM, going after a PR Murph in the am. You need to get on your pops, they spend more time talking than working out, I’m thinking heavy bike next week would be right in the wheelhouse for them
    Good luck with it. Slow and steady is their philosophy, haha. I think Karen will knock the wind out of them pretty good. They are starting to enjoy the bike too much.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Still not 100% from this damn sinus thing but I was good enough to do a little something today

Backsquat 1 set at 20 reps

Core work- plank holds

100 lunges with 20# vest for time.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Thursday was 10 rounds of on the 3 min, 12 cals on the bike... I did 5 and about puked.

Friday I did Isabel, 30 power snatch @ 135#

This got ugly fast this morning. It was supposed to be 30,25,20, but I decided to scale it. The assault bike is the devil or workout equipment. Give me a rower or running any day.

20 OVHD Squat 95#
    20 Calories on the bike

15"
    15"

10"
    10"
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

This morning:

8 rounds

5 pull ups
    10 push ups
    30 DU

Tuesday 3/13/18
    Barbell Shoulder press 5 sets of 5

Strict pull-ups 5 sets of M.E.

Upright Row 3x8

Banded reverse fly 3x12

4 min AMRAP
    - Jump rope singles

Also, thanks to Glenn, I've been doing this whole Keto thing again since Thursday of last week. Started around 217lbs and weighed in at a whopping 212.4 this morning. I realize that most of that is water weight right now, but it's still mentally rewarding to see the scale move after a month of stagnation.

Cals are 2070
    Protein 164
    Fat 146
    Carbs 25 net

Been struggling to hit the fat and cal goals each day. I tend to calorie hoard until the end of the day, making sure I have enough to get me through. Then I end up with a lot for supper and usually stop eating before I hit my goal. I would say my average has been around 1900. Now that I am moving and working out again, I'm gonna try to do better about hitting the mark each day to avoid any crashes.

It's amazing how logging your food cuts out so much of the mindless eating you would do on a normal basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot14 View Post
    Did you PR?

Wednesday 3/14/18

2.5 mile trail run with the pup.

Just left the doctor. 6'4" 221 lbs of bad assed turkey chasing american. Cholesterol under 200 which is great for me. Good is high and bad is low. Sugars are low but the tri's are high thanks to the booze. Blood pressure as cool as the other side of the pillow. I'm gonna deadlift some stuff today
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Also, thanks to Glenn, I've been doing this whole Keto thing again since Thursday of last week. Started around 217lbs and weighed in at a whopping 212.4 this morning. I realize that most of that is water weight right now, but it's still mentally rewarding to see the scale move after a month of stagnation.

Cals are 2070
    Protein 164
    Fat 146
    Carbs 25 net

Been struggling to hit the fat and cal goals each day. I tend to calorie hoard until the end of the day, making sure I have enough to get me through. Then I end up with a lot for supper and usually stop eating before I hit my goal. I would say my average has been around 1900. Now that I am moving and working out again, I'm gonna try to do better about hitting the mark each day to avoid any crashes.

It's amazing how logging your food cuts out so much of the mindless eating you would do on a normal basis.
    Good stuff. Remember that carbs are a ceiling; never go over. Protein is a minimum; hit it and excess is okay as long as you stay under calories. Fats are a lever; try to stay under your fat goals but it’s okay if you don’t get all the fats in. Just means more body fat recruitment.

Electrolytes are not optional. Make sure you’re supplementing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good stuff. Remember that carbs are a ceiling; never go over. Protein is a minimum; hit it and excess is okay as long as you stay under calories. Fats are a lever; try to stay under your fat goals but it’s okay if you don’t get all the fats in. Just means more body fat recruitment.

Electrolytes are not optional. Make sure you’re supplementing.
    According to myfitnesspal, I have been great at getting in the potassium. Couldn't say about the magnesium though, it doesn't track that, but I'm eating a good bit of spinach every day. Also, just ordered some ZMA to supplement in. Are you also taking creatine?

I don’t at this point. Just extra sodium via broth.

I took a huge dump this morning and probably lost 2 lbs......

1 squat clean every 30 seconds
    Total reps of 30, 50 was programmed
    Did 185, 225 was programmed

Saturday 3/17/18

5.1 mile trail run

Drank a mixture of bluemoons and keystones
    Woke up in the yard and peed a smiley face that looked more like Jackie chan having a stroke.
    Last edited by Sportin' Woodies; 03-17-2018 at 08:19 AM.