Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Time to drop some winter weight

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Let the record reflect I did not scream.

Externally.
    I told you so. And I could hear a scream in the text you sent me...

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Did you add carbs back in or staying sub 25?
    Staying keto. Upped my fats and protein but staying sub 25-30 grams on carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I told you so. And I could hear a scream in the text you sent me...
    I'm sure you could. I have a witness who was within eyesight and ear shot but far enough back to be able to bring help in to identify my body.

We're going back up tomorrow and I just listened to part 1&2 or Rinella's podcast "The meat tree" to prepare.

Big, big rains the last few days so figure that into the trail difficulty. Good luck. Prayers sent.

Yep. We'll need 'em. It's been rough for sure. Those creek and river crossings should be fun.

Fun? Fun is hog traps at 2am. Not running around that joint. At least you have checked the "unless something was chasing me" box...

You ain't wrong.

I blame my wife for all of this. All of it.

Okay. So I did a week at maintenance calories followed by a week at bulk/surplus. I went from 185 to 190 over the course of those two weeks. Cycled back to deficit/cut this week and in 48 hrs was back at 184 and this morning was 182.6

I'm going to give this one more cycle. Body fat wise I'm at my goal but I don't want to lose any more weight. I know it's a slow process but that one 3 week cycle put me down at a weight I haven't seen since I was a Jr in high school.

Update on the dead thread.

Down to 198, have been hovering under the 200 mark for the better part of 2 weeks. Lightest I have been in 10 years. Still doing the work out thing, still doing the keto thing, with an occasional bowl of ice cream to support my pregnant wife. All about that moral support.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Good deal. Holding in the mid to upper 180's depending on the day.

Did another training run at Jones Gap Saturday and PR'd the 10 mile loop at 2 hours 43 minutes. It was also the best I've felt out of five runs up there this summer. Zero cramping this time.

I haven't even run this race yet and already signed up for a 50 mile'r on the Kentucky side of the LBL in March.

Glenn you are gonna go out like a shooting star with that Jones Gap run stuff. Truthfully, I am impressed but I am also a little concerned. What do you have left for the rest of the week after one of those trips? Why don't you just come down to the house and put that effort into helping me and knuck with fence building.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Checking back in: Around 196-197lbs, depending on the day. Need to take some measurements because even though the scale isn't moving I am definitely seeing leaning out more.

Glenn when is your race? Ready to hear about that.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Holding at 185 and 10% bf despite trying to add mass.

The Jones Gap race is Sept 15th. I'd like to get one more practice run in up there before then.

Looks like a good race. If there weren’t teal to be killed, I’d sign up. Just finished the Breckenridge Spartan race. 13+ miles at 13,000’ will hurt you.

Well the race is cancelled. Thanks, Flo. 6 months of training, flushed. We'll keep doing our thing and be ready for the next one. Next major race is a 50 miler on the Kentucky side of the LBL in March. That one should be fun. Not anywhere near as technical and the elevation is flat compared to Jones Gap. We have some smaller 15-20 milers over the fall and winter I'll try and make in between hunts.

Current stats, BW in the low 180's. Seem to be stuck there on a 2000-2500 cal/day diet. Need to up my fats again. I actually saw 179 a week ago and that's too low. BF is 8-10%. Strength, endurance and energy levels are good.

Disappointed we aren't running Saturday but park guys said that trail is already trashed after the last storms last week and more trees are ready to fall as the winds pick up. I get it and understand them cancelling but still sucks.

I'm disappointed too but that joker was going to kick our ass.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Trashed is an understatement. The Old Man cancelled a likker drinking party for Saturday night the roads are so messed up...

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    I'm disappointed too but that joker was going to kick our ass.
    Yes it was.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Trashed is an understatement. The Old Man cancelled a likker drinking party for Saturday night the roads are so messed up...
    Good. Now I won't be as hurt for missing the invite.

I was on here a couple of months ago crying about how to find "motivation". Well, after some soul searching and realizing that I needed to motivate myself instead of searching for it in others. I got my ass back into a box here in town. As of this morning I'm down 37lbs. Have another 30lbs to go. Hitting PR's on most lifts, still suck at overhead squats...feels good to be leaner and skrong again.