Thread: Talk to me about Parker bows...

This is crazy since I haven't even stuck my first deer with my recurve yet, but I ran into what appears to be a very good price on a Parker EZ-Draw 33 today... $350 vs. $500 regular price.

Awhile back I had played a little with the Mathews Outback and Legacy, a Darton, a Bowtech, and several of the Parkers, and the Ez-Draw 33 felt like the smoothest of the bunch.

At the time I just figured I'd wait to see what happened and didn't want to spend $700 +/- until I saw whether I'd like bowhunting, but the bug has hit me and that toy is calling my name.

I also understand I can pick up several accessories, such as a Muzzy Zero Effect rest, etc, for 50% off in the near future.

Quick, talk me out of it, or agree that's the way to go for the future!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

tradorion Coots

Think about what you want to do- and i will drop an e-mail later for some looong winded discussion on this...

If you like trad alot- focus on it... if you like the compound, then buy one.

I shoot both and love both... but it is difficult to lay down the 30yd range (a totally bullshit mental issue of mine since i have NEVER shot a deer further than 22 yards)ability versus 20yds (usually 15)on a good day with trad gear...

but- on the question at hand- Parker bows rock- i traded a Mathews to get mine and would not go back.

R

Actually, you've got me interested in one of those ACS Longbows, but since he's not taking orders for now, and it's at least a 2 year wait when he does, it will have to wait.

Priorities say I should pass on this for now... but... we'll see.

I look forward to your email.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

BOWTECH BOWTECH BOWTECH (nothing else)