Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Haiti is a Shithole

I’m not going to go in circles with your acts of deflection.

I didn’t threaten you. I warned you. I don’t mind someone disagreeing with me. There are even a lot of insults that I can tolerate. You crossed the line saying that I dishonored a soldier. I couldn’t care less whether you’re scared or not. If we can continue the same conversation in person with you saying that I dishonored a soldier, without a keyboard protecting your grill then fine. We’ll do what we gotta do and have a beer afterwards.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Roddie, do you honestly think immigrants today contribute to society as much as immigrants from ww2 and before?

Are there figures available showing percentages of immigrants today on govt assistance vs the preWW2 immigrants?
    I honestly don’t know. Call me naive, but there are still some principles that I believe in.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

You know what... I’ve allowed myself to be distracted and annoyed. I’m letting go of the anger in this thread. It does me no good. I have no problem with civil discussion and debate, but Scattershot, I keep repeating the same thing and you seem to keep ignoring. I have NO problem with labeling a place a shithole. I have a problem with denying aspiring people from those shitholes an opportunity. There are several countries in this world where your destiny is confined to where or who you were born from.

We’re better than this nonsense.

I might be a dick head but I have never tried to beat anyone up over beers. I think roddie is trying to take my asshole of the year award and I simply can't allow that
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Chooochoooo wooooo shitholes!
    Hahahaha

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I have zero problem with people from shitholes coming here. However, immigration is supposed to improve the country not drag it down. Our current system has not lifted the country but rather has helped contribute to draining the coffers. The current system was devised solely to procure votes for democrats.

Again, tell me how bringing illiterate people from Syria or Haiti benefits my 4 year old? Especially when a doctor or engineer from India wants to come here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Underrated post right 'chere....

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Ok, let’s get a couple of things straight. As a retired 1SG in the Army, there are a certain group of soldiers that I refer to
    as kids. If you have been in the same profession, I welcome your insight. Otherwise, they were my kids, as I was responsible for their welfare and lives. Don’t preach to me. Ok, so it was Ghana and not Nigeria. It still proves my point. Who are you to say who will and won’t be a productive immigrant?

Finally, if you ever again accuse me of disrespecting the honor of a soldier and accept my offer of discussing it over a beer, you will reap the whirlwind.
    #triggered

I will preface this by saying that while I thank you for your service, it doesn't make you any better of an American than anybody else that did not serve, nor does it allow you a weighted position on your opinion on this.

You have allowed yourself to become emotionally involved to the point of threatening violence to somebody who shares a different view of a situation than yourself. I suggest you back away from the keyboard and turn up the volume on CNN... you're missing a pretty good show.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 01-13-2018 at 07:23 AM.

I have a problem with denying aspiring people from those shitholes an opportunity.
    Thank goodness it's not your call to make, Collin.

The media would have you believe this is about racism and hating certain countries. It's really about merit based vs lottery based immigration.

The lottery immigration isn't a true lottery. You have to be from a country that doesn't typically have immigrants that qualify.

And I agree with LED. This was a comment made in a private meeting and reported for political gain. And now we are all supposed to be appalled. Trump says enough dumb stuff publicly. I'll wait a few days and criticize him for that.

Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Is there a 3rd world country that is made up of white people? How many countries are made up of people with "of darker skin". Dems want to make it about race, but what is wrong with a screening process? What is wrong with bringing in the best and brightest. Instead of letting anybody in. Look at Germany and other European countries taking in the refugees. How is that working out for them?

I don't believe you can have good immigration until you reform the welfare system.
    Yes they are shitholes. I can't see where letting all these non producers in will benefit my son's future.

Duck Tape, seems like the video is suggesting throwing money to those countries. Wonder how those countries goverments work? How many will always be corrupt and unsavable? True is, most "friendly" countries are only friendly because American money makes their leaders rich.

And as to those countries, how did they end up in the shape their in. Here is something racist. You don't breed 2 fat people and expect a distance runner, do you? You are what you come from. If you come from a shithole, chances are that you are no different. Therefore, screening makes perfect sense to see if you have found the person that statistically beat the odds and will be a productive member of society.
    Last edited by Highcotton; 01-13-2018 at 08:40 AM.

I work with a couple of very talented software engineers from Nigeria. One volunteers each week to teach local minority kids how to write code. The irony is that immigrants understand what destiny is predetermined when you are born in one of these "shit hole" countries.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

What isn’t being told is that these people are being screened and categorized based on their education, skill level, and their ability to contribute.
    As they should be!
    At what point do you put Americans first over those that want to be Americans?
    If you can't contribute to the betterment of our society, then you are a drain on society!
    Come on in, we'll put you on welfare and American tax payers will foot the bill for you to pursue the American Dream.....FUK that!
    Ever looked at New Zealand....? They got it figured out.....you come with a trade they want and the ability to contribute or go the fuk away!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 01-13-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Life just ain't fair, no doubt about and it's time some to accept this simple fact!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Would Detroit, East St. Louis, south side Chicago, south central L.A. be described as shitholes? If so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Highcotton View Post
    Would Detroit, East St. Louis, south side Chicago, south central L.A. be described as shitholes? If so, why?
    Yes, they are. Ideology and culture are the reason.

This is different than the thread about incarcerating and fining farmers or companies that hire people that can't contribute legally.

The US Chambers of Commerce has fought immigration reform as much as Democrats. Reform is an uphill battle you have some businesses not willing to give up cheap illegal labor and Democrats wanting to grow their base. Expect more fake news in attempts to derail the train. Lindsay Graham is likely lead the charge.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 01-13-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Bingo Fish. That is what we will be letting in this country.

It always amazes me how crazy people get when trying to create a utopia that will never exist.

I've got a question...why is it the responsibility of the USA to provide opportunity for ANYONE from ANY other country. We have enough people...too many, in fact. And if we do continue to let people in, which we unfortunately will, we should only take the best of the best.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.