Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $7,000 in Fines by DNR in Georgetown County, Anyone Confirm?

If it's the landing I'm thinking of, they're even more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Hid in the seats? Rookies. Gotta put em in the motor cover.
    Just cripple them and put them in the live well... They keep longer that way...

I know several GW in the lowcountry personally and away from the job they are ok. I cant say much good about them with my interactions on the water or hunting. I was checked 30 consecutive days at same boat landing by same 2 GW because the were protecting Catfish ponds off hwy 6 that thier buddy managed for ducks. Strange they didnt seem to have a problem hunting said ponds, but they would harrass those of us who were hunting the lake close by. 30 Days of checking and no tickets but they sure were making it uncomfortable for me.

I know of a group of 4 guys that was busted around Christmas for shooting after hours, lead shot, no stamp, and 28 hooded mergansers over the limit. They were fined $1000 each. Said the game warden told them they could've been charged as much as $30,000 total.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

I know of two guys hunting a draw hunt killed 12 blue bills, got stopped by the fed warden. They said they thought they were ringers ended up with $500 dollar ticket each.
    Last edited by 12341234; 01-09-2018 at 02:01 PM.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    I know several GW in the lowcountry personally and away from the job they are ok. I cant say much good about them with my interactions on the water or hunting. I was checked 30 consecutive days at same boat landing by same 2 GW because the were protecting Catfish ponds off hwy 6 that thier buddy managed for ducks. Strange they didnt seem to have a problem hunting said ponds, but they would harrass those of us who were hunting the lake close by. 30 Days of checking and no tickets but they sure were making it uncomfortable for me.
    After day 2 I would have told them where to shove it.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    I know of a group of 4 guys that was busted around Christmas for shooting after hours, lead shot, no stamp, and 28 hooded mergansers over the limit. They were fined $1000 each. Said the game warden told them they could've been charged as much as $30,000 total.
    Ewwwwww and for a merganser.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    He should have let them off with a warning........ after he built a fire and made them eat 'em
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Two words...Private Landing...rookie mistake....used to be rumor of a fella that had a 3in PVC pipe fiberglassed into the keel of his Winyah with a screw cap on the end. He’d shoot ducks till he couldn’t see, stuff them in the pipe, head to a Private Landing and never bat an eye. Heard of another story about him from a well known Gtown Duck Manager that this fella would pull up to the beach on Murphy Island drag the boat into the dunes flip it over and cover it with a tarp followed by sand. He’d camp and shoot ducks for 2-3 Days then haul ass. Game Wardens never could catch him anywhere around Georgetown. Turns out he was running back to Pawleys or Murrells Inlet and stashing the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

That feller go by the name Chip L Quack?
    DILLIGAF

the man was at the hill sunday when we got back, he walked over to the boat, asked if we had three life jackets, asked if we had plugs...then another fella came down off the hill will binos, i guess he watched us and the number of ducks we spooked coming back down river and figured if we never pulled a gun out on all those birds we must be pretty straight. ended up talking to one of them for about 30 minutes when he showed me his k9 wildlife detection dog, and some videos of her working at the landing, when i told him i was a handler as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Being a Game Warden is the most thankless and underpaid job that I can imagine. I had one negative experience with an AGFC gentleman, but he was doing his job, and I was doing my best to be clean. I can't fathom doing their job and the positions that their job puts them in.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

This^
    I rode with a game warden some time ago. That is a rough job. Said when checking for fishing licenses that the majority of the time when someone didn't have one then they also had drugs on them. I've been checked once this year already while duck hunting. Plenty happy to run up on him in that area as their presence is needed and appreciated. If it was $7k in fines I'd say someone really messed up. There is always more to the story on things like this.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Being a Game Warden is the most thankless and underpaid job that I can imagine. I had one negative experience with an AGFC gentleman, but he was doing his job, and I was doing my best to be clean. I can't fathom doing their job and the positions that their job puts them in.
    They get a paycheck and it’s voluntary. You need to get out more if that’s the most thankless hard job you can think of.

Most thankless may be a little much but "very" thankless is fact. And for most folks who wouldn't split firewood I'd think they wouldn't want to be game wardens either. LOL!
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 01-09-2018 at 04:11 PM.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Ive had encounters with them throughout the years and most are nice but one or two have been cocksuckers. Ive been checked 3 times alone this year all by the same warden, from one end of the county to the other. Nice as can be every time. Hes on the site too.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    They get a paycheck and it’s voluntary. You need to get out more if that’s the most thankless hard job you can think of.
    Debt collector... IRS Agent... Prison Guard... Proctologist... Guy who replaces urinal cakes...

Quote Originally Posted by Baldplate View Post
    Not to be that guy...but...Im not much of a rumor guy... however I heard from a reliable source that was at that ramp...2 hunters, 13 ducks, 2 ringers 11 woodies, tried to hide em in the seat...fed gw apparently was there

Sounds like State wardens to me....however, the State DNR has the option to issue federal citations(aka pink slips) and turn it over to the federal prosecutors.

Just my opinion, but a federal warden may confiscate weapons, atv's, and boats on a big bust, the violators don't usually leave the landing knowing what the fine is. Once this is done, you fill out a financial sheet for court, so they can determine your ability to pay within the range of max and minimum fines.

At least that's what a friend told me.

Those fines will be reduced before it is all said and done.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Ive had encounters with them throughout the years and most are nice but one or two have been cocksuckers. Ive been checked 3 times alone this year all by the same warden, from one end of the county to the other. Nice as can be every time. Hes on the site too.
    Probably gets good intel here. I was checked while turkey hunting last year and after about 5 minutes the GW said he knew me from a forum already. I didn't know whether to be appalled or flattered. LOL!