Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: $7,000 in Fines by DNR in Georgetown County, Anyone Confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    I got fined $1200 long ago by a guy that wrote a book- said he owed me plenty for all the times I got away- I paid him again when I bought his book to see if I was in it- I was once quite an outlaw.
    I worked a case for that guy when I was at SLED, guys were duck hunting a private coastal impoundment and I dinged 'em by matching the fired shells in the rice field to the guns he caught 'em with.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Default $7,000 in Fines by DNR in Georgetown County, Anyone Confirm?

Last edited by Tater; 01-11-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    DILLIGAF

The question is:

Were the individuals caught members here?

I mean we need a first hand a account
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I can honestly say I've never had a bad interaction with a game warden even when I've been ticketed they were cool about it. The game warden on the lake I hunt now doesn't check me anymore. Just asks what I have killed.
    Yep, the one that has checked me quite a bit this year told me the last time that hes just gonna keep going when he sees me, or stop and just shoot the shit. The last time he checked me im pretty sure i could have handed him a 3 year old license and he wouldnt have known. A couple buddies of mine say everytime they are checked the game warden is an ass, most of the time im sure my buddies acted like asses about getting checked.

Maggie Glover, do you remember when we got checked at the landing on Pee Dee and the warden was digging thru our boat while my old bitch dog was humping his leg?? Dang, that was funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    The question is:

Were the individuals caught members here?

I mean we need a first hand a account
    I can only comment to say that it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I once had two Arkansas greenies tear my boat apart looking for extra shells and lead after coming out of the Bayou Meto. Had a limit of ducks proudly displayed in the front. They kept hinting that there'd been problems with SC hunters out there. Watched them work and shook there hands and moved on.
    Friend had a flooded impoundment on the coast one year. Real gentleman's hunting. We got raided one morning by the feds. Came out of the woods like a swat team. We were totally legal. Somebody had called them and said we had bait, lead, all the bad stuff. They were really disappointed and complained that they had been staked out since 2 AM. I have no desire to be the outlaw guy. But it's been tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Just so everyone is clear, my original post was a question wondering if anyone knew what it took to warrant a $3,500 x 2 = $7,000 fine. I was not laying blame or editorializing about the LEOs. I have met some great ones and I have met some real power happy jerks. The great ones far outnumber the jerks but it is easy to forget the professional ones when there is a bee flying around your head. I can tell you that IF someone would have said it was for rallying, I would have believed them. There were so many ducks on the water that morning on the way back to the landing. We literally almost ran over some very desireable ducks and not because we were trying.

I once had a green jean tell me he hated the big fines because it put GW lives at risk. Simply put, if he came across some real outlaw deep in the woods that had heard of big fines, the encounter may not go well. I am still chasing a copy of the news story of a particular incident in Clarendon County about a guy going to jail for pot that was found in his home after his property was searched for a turkey killed out of season. If anyone knows the story, any part of it, message me, please. Thanks, MG

I know that it probably wasn't intentional but you just named a warden that I know pretty well and he's a damn nice guy.