Going to wup up a batch of shrimp and grits tonight and figured I would share the recipe with you all in case anyone is interested. This recipe will make a gracious plenty for 2 servings or just enough for 3 servings.

First the ingredients:
1 pound of shrimp
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (more if your into spicy foods)
¼ cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
~3 tablespoons bacon drippings
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
¾ cup chicken broth

First peel and devein the shrimp. I usually chop about half the shrimp into small pieces as well. Put shrimp, lemon juice, salt, and red pepper in a small container, stir to mix, and set aside. I usually take about a pound of bacon and fry it up in the frying pan nice and crisp, put bacon aside and drain the grease out of the pan into a coffee cup. Wash pan out to remove any “burnt crap” left over from the bacon, it can sometimes give the gravy a burnt flavor. Put pan back on the burner over med high heat and add the bacon grease. Once pan and grease are hot again add your onion and pepper and sauté for about 10 min. Make sure to keep it stirred to prevent it from burning. Sprinkle on the flour and stir it constantly for about 2 min until the flour starts to brown. Add the shrimp and chicken broth and cook till the shrimp are done and gravy has thickened. If the gravy is too thick for your liking, add a little more broth to the mix. Serve over grits. I know everyone here knows how to make grits, but I will share this recipe for creamy grits anyway.

2 cups water
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup regular grits
1 cup of half & half or whipping cream

Bring your water and butter to a boil, stir in grits. Once the water returns to a boil, reduce heat and cook stirring occasionally for 10 min. At 10 min, stir in ½ cup of your half & half or whipping cream and cook for another 10 min stirring occasionally. Now add the remaining ½ cup and cook for another 10 min. When done spoon into bowls and top with the shrimp gravy. Now take your bacon and crumble it on top the gravy and serve.