View Poll Results: Statewide shell limit should be 25 or 50?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • 25 shell limit

92 83.64%
  • 50 shell limit

18 16.36%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 shell limit?

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    It is beyond me that someone actually would tote more than a box.
    But, Bo, the goose flight Bo
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

Heck, let's limit it to 16 gauge and under, 2 3/4" shells only, and that will definitely thwart the skybusters. Anybody that NEEDS a 12 gauge to kill a duck is incompetent anyway.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Heck, let's limit it to 16 gauge and under, 2 3/4" shells only, and that will definitely thwart the skybusters. Anybody that NEEDS a 12 gauge to kill a duck is incompetent anyway.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    I shoot a 20 most of the time. Still want more than 25 shells for cripples and my piss poor shooting buddies
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I'll second on more than 25 shells....chasing cripples will eat up some shells....especially if the gunner sucks at chasing cripples
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

No new laws. Let's work on getting rid of some of the current ones.

Can we just wait a while on the new laws, the iPhone generation is up next and they are too lazy to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Can we just wait a while on the new laws, the iPhone generation is up next and they are too lazy to hunt.
    God I pray you're right
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Enforcement would be difficult for sure.

I'd propose that we stop stores from selling steel shot. DNR could sell the shells for $1 a piece and limit you to no more than 100 per year. Shells will be color coded based on the year to ensure that people don't use their extras from the previous year. Yeah that would work. And be a great way to make it fair for everyone.
    This is stupid as hell.....am I the only one who caught tbis

What if i want to hunt more than 16 days a year

Let's just say.....hypothetical.....you kill a limit of ducks every day....and you 1 shot 1 duck.....thays a minimum of 360 shells..

Again this is the stupidest suggestion yet
    Last edited by HEAD; 12-12-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
    This is stupid as hell.....am I the only one who caught tbis
    He is being sarcastic

I dont get typed sarcasm at all......its hard to tell who is serious or just typing random bull....ive been on facebook too much

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
    I dont get typed sarcasm at all......its hard to tell who is serious or just typing random bull....ive been on facebook too much
    Agreed but I know him well enough to know he isn't that stupid

25 shells. Blind spacing. And a 1pm cutoff. Next.

I laid it on pretty thick. At least I thought I did.

But BRR is on to something. As aggravating as it is at times we need future sportsmen in the field. I'd rather see the effort made to improve habitat for birds than to waste money paying people to count shells in the boat. Or coming up with ways to make it more difficult to hunt legally so we can fine them and get more money.

I'm ok with restrictions on draw hunts that we have spent money on the habitat for. But I can't support restrictions on all public land because we don't like the way they hunt.

One word. PRESSURE.

Pressure doesn't just apply to ducks. You think Santee Cooper doesn't get pressure from the pleasure boating tourist that doesn't care about hunting or fishing? That gets alot worse if it's just a few old men that care about duck hunting.

Part of the problem is these hunters that weren't raised right on how to hunt ethically or be considerate to other hunters.

I understand pressure very well. I shot ducks in North inlet before a house was built in DeBordieu. Before a house was built in Prince George the ducks would leave Samworth and Mr. Jayroes in groups that were huge. Destination. Middleton pond on Prince George. I think it is somewhat ironic that the now owner of Annandale has a small hand in the decline of the ducks at Prince George. How so ? His house is located on the banks of that once famous resting pond. Pressure is from the evolution and reproduction of mankind. I hunted South Santee when you would not see 3 boats all week. Pressure. It is here in full force and the resource cannot handle it. Now. Ask yourselves what your contribution to reducing pressure could be.

How often do public hunters shoot 25 times a hunt?

GTR - sure those guys do no matter what, but I mean on a regular river or lake hunt?

I hunt more and kill more than the average hunter, and rarely shoot 25 times even when we kill 2 limits.

Help me understand how 25 shell limits will be enforced enough to deter folks, and how you think it will improve public hunting.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

If there is ever a 25 shell limit, Glenn could reasonably carry 100 shells into the blind with him at some point. Granted, he would have to keep an eye on three ankle biters the whole time, but at least he can blast away as much as he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Help me understand how 25 shell limits will be enforced enough to deter folks, and how you think it will improve public hunting.
    Gone South, he's talking to you
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Shells are cheap.........Shell limit's will encourage sky busting......gotta shoot them up before going back to the ramp.