View Poll Results: Statewide shell limit should be 25 or 50?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • 25 shell limit

92 83.64%
  • 50 shell limit

18 16.36%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 shell limit?

There already is a 25 shell limit on all WMA's and it doesn't stop people from skybusting. They will just finish sooner. And enforcement statewide would be a nightmare.
    Last edited by Gander; 12-12-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooooots View Post
    a good many folks seem to be in favor of a 25 shell limit statewide, how y'all feel about that? having skybusted my fair share, i think that actually might not be too terrible of an idea. prolly shouldn't need more than 25 shots to kill 6 ducks honestly...
    what is your end goal for having this restriction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Sure are a lot of democrats on this site.

How do y'all feel about unions?

This thread reminds me of this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by scswamprat View Post
    ....being poor has nothing with it....but the people that go out and tree top wood ducks on the river, or sit on the dikes to try and catch a bird moving off the impoundments and end up with 1,2, or 0 ducks in a boat of 4 people may decide its not worth it if they have to put a little more skin in the game for those same results...These are the same people that set up on top of people, hail call at everything that flies, sky bust, rally duck etc. .....A higher price to shoot ducks with the money going toward conservation is a much better answer than the US government telling me how many shells i can legally carry in my boat.
    ah ok, got it, give the feds more mone because you don't like the feds.
    Last edited by shoooooots; 12-12-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Enforcement would be difficult for sure.

I'd propose that we stop stores from selling steel shot. DNR could sell the shells for $1 a piece and limit you to no more than 100 per year. Shells will be color coded based on the year to ensure that people don't use their extras from the previous year. Yeah that would work. And be a great way to make it fair for everyone.

what is your end goal for having this restriction?
    ain't got 1, couldn't care less about shell limits. it's already illegal to shoot high brass.

ah ok, got it, give the feds more mone because you don't like the feds.
    you missed the sentence on the money going back to conservation huh?

you didn't answer my question...what is your end goal for limiting shells?

50 shell limit on private land and no high brass shells, dang I’m behind the times.

Why would enforcement be difficult?
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

....being poor has nothing with it....but the people that go out and tree top wood ducks on the river, or sit on the dikes to try and catch a bird moving off the impoundments and end up with 1,2, or 0 ducks in a boat of 4 people may decide its not worth it if they have to put a little more skin in the game for those same results...These are the same people that set up on top of people, hail call at everything that flies, sky bust, rally duck etc. .....A higher price to shoot ducks with the money going toward conservation is a much better answer than the US government telling me how many shells i can legally carry in my boat.
    Mom and dad already bought them a $50k truck and sunk another $10-$15k in putting big tires and rims on it, and a suspension job to make it squat in the back end. Plus $15- $20k for a duck hunting boat, and money to buy 3.5 inch Black cloud BB's, plus a $1k duck gun. You think the price of a stamp is going to stop them?
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Mom and dad already bought them a $50k truck and sunk another $10-$15k in putting big tires and rims on it, and a suspension job to make it squat in the back end. Plus $15- $20k for a duck hunting boat, and money to buy 3.5 inch Black cloud BB's, plus a $1k duck gun. You think the price of a stamp is going to stop them?
    I typed this point at the same time you did. Mama and Daddy don’t care as long as Jr is happy.

you missed the sentence on the money going back to conservation huh?

you didn't answer my question...what is your end goal for limiting shells?
    nah, i saw it & answered your question.

there is already a 50 shell limit, and maybe 1 out of 100 times has a gamewarden even asked me how many shells i've got on me. hell the only time they've ever looked in my blind bag was on a lottery hunt, should've seen his face when he saw my empty flask too haha
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!! Where is there a 50-shell limit? There's a 25-shell limit on DNR draw hunts....but a 50-shell limit statewide? I think not....
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I hunt with people who can't shoot. I have shot two boxes killing a 3-4 man limit many times
    This^ and on diver hunts we have to reshoot them a good bit. People should just learn not to skybust

Quote Originally Posted by duckshootringer55 View Post
    This^ and on diver hunts we have to reshoot them a good bit. People should just learn not to skybust
    And kill small bucks. Good luck with that.

Default 25 shell limit?

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I typed this point at the same time you did. Mama and Daddy don’t care as long as Jr is happy.
    No doubt...but it's not just the college crowd that's acts like morons on public water....
    it's definitely not the magic solution, nor do I think there is a one size fits all answer to the problems public water hunters face, but a higher price for a state waterfowl permit( with that money being put back into the states waterfowl ecosystems) would be a better step in the right direction vs a shell limit...I'm also of the opinion that a 1 pm shut off would help...hard to enforcement, but would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scswamprat; 12-12-2017 at 06:24 PM.

It is beyond me that someone actually would tote more than a box.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I hunt with people who can't shoot. I have shot two boxes killing a 3-4 man limit many times
    I've shot nine times at a gadwall once before I got it. And my first shot was on the water. I waste more shells on cripples than anything. Except this past Saturday. I don't know wtf was going on with us
    867-5309

I’m shocked some of you are all for the feds telling you how much ammo you are allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk