Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cuddeback Cuddelink

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I have 4 cuddelink cameras and 1 cellular home. So far I have been pleased. I don’t have great cell service but I am still getting all my pictures. Battery life is better with the battery packs vs the aa batteries. Biggest complaint I have is the straps are crap. I had some moultrie straps laying around so I used those. My complaint is they are to short. Other than that I have no complaints.
    So you have 4 cameras and 1 cellular home. So you get all your pictures to your email/cell phone and only pay for one cell service plan?

Does the cellular home take pics or is it just a separate device? How much you got in this setup?

Yes all pictures come to one email or a couple emails if you like. There are several different settings on how many come and how often. Right now I have two cameras going straight to the cellular home and the other two one daisy chains to a camera and that camera transports both to the home. I have one account and all pictures go through that one plan. I got the cellular home which is cheaper but it does not take pictures. They do make a unit that does both.

I have about $1000 in my current set up. I have gotten at or above the average distance between cameras in wooded areas. I also am able to set the cellular home in places where I normally get very low reception. It still works and you can test it at that location before setup.

Setting up the system is kinda complicated. You will get use to it though. Use the owners manual when setting it up. I keep them in my truck. If you have any other questions let me know. I have been very pleased so far.

if you don't mind me asking how much is the monthly service with Verizon?

Thanks banded. Appreciate that. My problem now is that since I switched to Browning cameras I stopped having to replace them every year or two. But the plan is to replace with these.

thawhacker, I'll let banded speak to it since he has real world experience, but I've heard $10 in the past. I assume it also depends on your current data plan.

Here are samples of the report it sends each night at 2:20 and samples of pictures. If using the regular camera as a home or a stand alone home without cellular it saves these reports on the memory card. 5C0D4C3F-8E47-45E1-B2B3-01EE3EFDEDBF.jpg
    1E3F7071-94BA-4598-9FD6-6756CF658B9A.jpg

So the monthly service is different depending on how you want to do. Here is the link because it is just so many options.

https://www.cuddeback.com/cell-info#cell-plans