Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuddeback Cuddelink

Nice!
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

What would be nice would be that they take a cue from Spartan and let you manage the cameras via a network link through the cell... Spartan lets you change camera settings and possible delete old pics from your recliner while you watch TV I think. But you have a separate data account for each camera, which is a no-go for me.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Agreed. A phone app would be awesome.

Update.

I've deployed all my cameras. The range is less than they advertise, but I guess that is the "up to" range. I still need to tweak the locations or add some repeaters. The signal I'm getting is strong enough to send pictures and I'm getting pictures from all cameras. Camera 5 is reporting least but that is on a trail, so there may not be that much activity.

This is the latest report:

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 8.02.12 PM.png

Night pictures look like this. Does that doe look pregnant?

T_00023.JPG

T_00025.JPG

I am getting about the distance advertised on mine. It had a lot to do with terrain as well. The farthest I have gotten in the woods is a little over a 1/4 mile. I’m running 6 of them with a cell. So far no problems and I am really liking the system over other choices

just bought a 4 camera set with the genius mounts and D cell battery packs-should have it running within a few days- thanks for the reports from real world useage

The mounting straps that come with the cameras suck.

My network strength on the cameras also fluctuates +/-4% daily. It may depend on humidity, fog, etc.

she is just fat
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    she is just fat
    Your just fat

I'm not getting the picture quality shown in this thread- what settings do ya'll have your cameras on and how far are they from the crossing/corn pile ?
    T__00022.JPG

I notice quality varies a bit. I have mine on the EZ setting. Distance differs from 20 yards to 80 yards or so. Night time distance shots aren't great. They claim the quality is better on the camera SD card, which makes sense.

Similar distance on these. Same morning just three minutes apart.

T_00006.JPG

T_00005 (1).JPG

1/4 mile through heavy is a joke. 1 mile through open is also a joke. They advertised the ability to hook the home unit up to your home WiFi and transmit photos with no cell service but backed out and now have no immediate plans to launch that service. I wouldn’t buy. Wife jumped the gun when she heard me talk about them and got them last Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    The cameras can link up to a mile in the open flat ground. You can get a 4 camera pack for $700 on amazon. The home stations are $150 without the WiFi or cellular connection. However each camera will act as a home station and can do everything that the homelink does. The homelink is just not a camera. I have a buddy in saluda that has 6. He only hunts pine plantations and gets close to 1/2 mile out of his cameras. He has his house and 180 acres. His homelink is at his house and it’s hooked to his WiFi. It then sends all the pictures to him without cell service because it is using his home internet.
    Your buddy lied. This feature is not currently available. They wouldn’t even say if it will be in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by CUTigerRY View Post
    1/4 mile through heavy is a joke. 1 mile through open is also a joke. They advertised the ability to hook the home unit up to your home WiFi and transmit photos with no cell service but backed out and now have no immediate plans to launch that service. I wouldn’t buy. Wife jumped the gun when she heard me talk about them and got them last Christmas.
    my pic with the feeder is right at 1/4 mile through the woods to the home camera

Running my cameras with the D cell battery pack- batteries went dead on the home cameras after 3 weeks- doesn't seem like good battery life for 6 fresh D cell energizers- what battery life are ya'll getting with your cuddelinks?

Anymore updates with real world experience?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I have 4 cuddelink cameras and 1 cellular home. So far I have been pleased. I don’t have great cell service but I am still getting all my pictures. Battery life is better with the battery packs vs the aa batteries. Biggest complaint I have is the straps are crap. I had some moultrie straps laying around so I used those. My complaint is they are to short. Other than that I have no complaints.