Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuddeback Cuddelink

Default Cuddeback Cuddelink

I may have posted this before. Did the obligatory search and found nothing.

Anybody here running this system? I spent a good bit of time on their site last night, talked to them at the SHOT Show last year, and it seems like a good option. But I have some questions...

Right now, I gather that it's a mesh network system that allows multiple trail cams to send their pics back to one central camera or storage location. Up to 16 cameras, and they can be "daisy chained" to extend the distance the furthest camera can be set (they can each work as a relay or repeater). Max distance between cameras is about 450-600 yards depending on terrain.

This is good, but what is better is that they are supposed to be able to allow the central location to be set up on a cell phone account so it sends thumbnails to you as they stream in. The obvious advantage is... one device, one cell phone charge, multiple cameras feeding it.

What I don't know is... have they activated that feature yet, and does it work on Verizon?

The club I joined this year is an ideal place to set this up, as I can put the home unit literally IN the sign out shed (with a solar panel to keep the batteries hot) and never have to leave scent or otherwise disturb the cam locations. Much of the land is flat, fields, and/or cutover, so this would optimize distance between cameras. Buy a couple of cameras and add on as I can afford to. But I don't want to bite off on it until or unless the cell connection is workable... a big drive for this is to avoid the gas costs and general time issues of driving over two hours round trip just to pull cards.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Nevermind - I see that the cell ability is due out early in 2018.

SR's so damn'd long winded, he answers his own question by the time he's all done.

"Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I could elucidate, but it would be without due merit.

It would go without notice around these parts, no doubt.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

If this thing pans out, I WILL jump on it. Unless someone else has a better product. I wish I was going to SHOT this year.

I set up a six camera system on a new tract. I think the total cost after cards, mounts, batteries and cameras was $1,526.
    I checked them today for the first time by driving to the "Home" Camera and swapping a card. All six cameras worked and the photos are good. The photos that you get through the link system are not full quality. Each camera has its own card that saves the original high resolution image.

It was easy to set up the cameras and the link system. The genius mounts are good for what I am doing. The most frustrating part is probably taking off the plastic packages.

It currently does not have the cell "Home" camera, but I intend to get that when it does arrive. It will work on Verizon per my research.

The last thing is battery life. I can't comment on that since I have only had them out for two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    I set up a six camera system on a new tract. I think the total cost after cards, mounts, batteries and cameras was $1,526.
    I checked them today for the first time by driving to the "Home" Camera and swapping a card. All six cameras worked and the photos are good. The photos that you get through the link system are not full quality. Each camera has its own card that saves the original high resolution image.

It was easy to set up the cameras and the link system. The genius mounts are good for what I am doing. The most frustrating part is probably taking off the plastic packages.

It currently does not have the cell "Home" camera, but I intend to get that when it does arrive. It will work on Verizon per my research.

The last thing is battery life. I can't comment on that since I have only had them out for two weeks.
    good info on the costs- please post a couple of remote camera pics to show the quality, I am seriously considering this for next season

Jenks- how strong is your cell signal? That's my primary concern, as it is spotty at best at our place.
    Carolina Counsel

Cell signal is two bars at this place.
    I would note that if you are using the cuddelink, then there is an advantage in that you can place the cell phone connected camera at the highest point on you property.

Here are some photos from the cuddelink. These are not the high res photos from the SD cards. These are ones that have been transferred over the wireless link network.
    T__00003.JPGT__00080.JPGT__00007.JPG
    Last edited by DJP; 12-11-2017 at 09:18 AM.

So as long as one of the cameras is getting signal the others will pick up? How far can each camera be from one another to link up?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

This website will answer your questions better than I can. I'm not pushing the product. Just reporting that it worked for me.
    http://www.cuddeback.com/cuddelink

Bumping this one up to the top.

I can't find that the cellular unit is available or am I missing it?

DJP, how is battery life? Since the local cameras also have an SD card, the card could get full, right? How often do you have to clear the pictures out on the local card?

Battery life was good with good batteries (Lithium Batteries). They all lasted from November until Late January. Around late January some started to die.
    I don't care what anyone says. Cheap batteries suck. I put in some off brand batteries and they lasted maybe three weeks.

There is a "D" battery pack adapter that I might try this year on the cameras that are hard to get to.
    https://www.amazon.com/Cuddeback-Cam...96Y5JNXPSMVZTH

I have 32 GB cards and they will last all season.

I thought the cell cap was released. You can see it on this page below. It looks like they removed the link to the page.
    http://www.cuddeback.com/cuddelink

My guess is that they can't get it to work right. It was supposed to be available in January and then in May.

Overall, The system worked for what I wanted. I used it with cameras on duck ponds and for security. It kept me from having to spook the ponds and I could positively identify ducks.
    I liked the security aspect because if the thief stole the camera, then I still had a backup on the home camera.
    Last edited by DJP; 06-11-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks for the info.

I did find this on the cell. https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...home?a=2184503

The cameras can link up to a mile in the open flat ground. You can get a 4 camera pack for $700 on amazon. The home stations are $150 without the WiFi or cellular connection. However each camera will act as a home station and can do everything that the homelink does. The homelink is just not a camera. I have a buddy in saluda that has 6. He only hunts pine plantations and gets close to 1/2 mile out of his cameras. He has his house and 180 acres. His homelink is at his house and it’s hooked to his WiFi. It then sends all the pictures to him without cell service because it is using his home internet.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 06-11-2018 at 04:00 PM.

I put up one cuddelink cam and the cellular home this weekend. The cell signal sucks at my place so I climbed a pine and put the home about 20 feet up in the corner of the property that gets the best service. Pictures are coming in on schedule. I'll buy more cameras after a week or so to see how it goes.

Thanks for the report. I would like a no BS assessment of how far the signal reaches between camera-camera or camera-"base" in wooded terrain if anyone can do it. I need to stretch some 800+ yards if possible.

I'll deploy more and report back.

This is where I have the home and first camera. This is in feet so about 235 yards through some overgrown pine rows. The signal to the home base is at 64%.

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 3.10.48 PM.jpg

This will be what I plan on doing. These are in feet too, so we'll see if I need a repeater. Each angle on the line will be where a camera is.

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 3.13.53 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Geetch; 09-10-2018 at 02:18 PM.

This is the quality of the cellular emailed pictures. T_00002.JPG

You also get a daily report on camera status, battery, signal strength to each camera, etc. I have it set to email me every 12 hours and they come in around 2:00.

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 7.19.52 AM.jpg