Thread: Grocery store ducks

Has anybody tried cooking the frozen (whole) ducks they sell at the grocery store? My understanding is that it takes nearly twice as long to cook them which really isn't a problem, my question is do they taste similar to wild duck?

I've seen some recipes that I would like to try but don't have the bird to do so with and was thinking substitution.
    \"And behold, a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.\"

Not but one way to find out.

Lotsa grease,more than your wild critters,good size though if you like roasting them.Difference in taste is like turkey vs. wild turkey.Stuff'm with wild rice mix,sage and pecans,that'll flavour'm up.My Ma has cooked them for Christmas on occassion and there's only been bones left. Liberally baste the cook [img]graemlins/drinky.gif[/img]
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

I buy them to cook at the bar once in a while. If the grocery store sells similar ones then they are not bad. If you like wild duck you may be a little disapointed. Not much though.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

Thanks for the replys folks. I'm gonna try crock pottin one this weekend with a recipe I found. Will post it up if it's worth eating.
    \"And behold, a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.\"

I just looked up something, here check it out and see if it'll be any good.

http://www.jerrysbaitandtackle.com/R...k_pot_duck.htm