Thread: LOW COUNTRY BOIL

SCTIMBER Coots

TAKE SOME SHRIMP, THE BIGGER THE BETTER, AND BOIL THEM IN HOT WATER, NEXT POTATOES ( DON'T PEEL), CORN ON THE COB, AND SAUSAGE. YOU MIGHT POSSIBLE ADD SOME CARROTS BUT I DON'T. BOIL ALL OF THESE AND SERVE.

I'd throw the shrimp in last and only cook for a minute or two. If you let them cook any longer than that they will be nasty.

I agree with GRW. This is about the only thing that I can cook and it be a success with everyone. I usually put 3 Zatarains crab/shrimp boil bags in the water and let them simmer for about 30 minutes. Then bring it up to a good boil and put the taters in. Cook them for about 5-8 minutes then I'll put in the sausage, cut into bite sized pieces, bring it back to a good boil then put in the corn. For ease, I use frozen corn. ( if you use fresh corn, might want to put it in with the taters). After it comes back to a good hard boil, drop the shrimp in and cook 2-4 minutes, depending on the boil. If you overcook the shrimp, they'll be rubber The best part of this is getting a group of friends over and not being in a hurry. It's a 6-8 beer prepare time ! [img]graemlins/party3.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drink3.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/18_1_302.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party43.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party74.gif[/img]
    SHR T&R's Carolina Lucy Girl - Lucy
    SHR Carolina Magic's Max4Camiflage - Cami

HMNNNNN
    some cook and some eat
    some can cook and some can look
    but few cook without a book
    those are the one's that hard to beat
    <b> SWAMP FIRE</b><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.kwick.net/country_store/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">COUNTRY STORE</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.greenvilledu.com\" target=\"_blank\">GreenvilleDU,NC</a>

I've heard that the difference between "Frogmore Stew" and "Beaufort Stew" is that pickling spices are used in the Frogmore instead of the Old Bay (New England style) seasoning. There is also controversy about the use of potatoes. I don't think the original Frogmore had potatoes, only corn, sausage, and shrimp.

We usually fix a modified version with the potatoes and pickling spices. It's, without a doubt, my wife's favorite meal.

Tommy

UmmUmm I've had that as Frogmore Stew.Old Bay!Can't wait til the poker run cos I'm sure we'll have one cooking.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Harv, you shittin me? Don't shit me over a stew now, are we gonna cook one?

I reckon I couldn't get out of SC without one. [img]graemlins/lick.gif[/img] Twigg where you at? Stew on the menu?
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

"Beaufort Stew" fixed it at the race man it was good had the fire going man it was cold 15 lbs POTATOES. 5lbs shrimp.20 short corn.6lbs sausage.man it was some good eating