Thread: deer shoulder

I got a couple deer shoulders I want to cook this weekend. They are whole with the bone intact. Want to cook them in the oven or possibly the charcoal grill. I've done them plenty of ways over the years but was interested in getting some more ideas. Looking for ideas as far as injecting, sauces, cooking temp/time, and possibly shredding one into bbq. Anyone getting hungry yet?

Buy two cases of natural light and start drinking when you get off work. Then smoke it with some pecan wood and charcoal until cooked to your liking. We serve it with an extra beer and a bottle of hot sauce.

We like to call it... hot sauce deer [img]graemlins/coolio.gif[/img]
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Down and Dirty Easy.Needle that puppy up with Italian Dressing and Worcestershire Sauce.Dump some on top and set in the fridge overnite turn it every few beers.Dry rub with some roasted garlic powder,onion powder& Montreal steak spice. Cook/smoke (Hickory or Pecan) at 225 til like medium beef internal temp.Sumbitch will melt in yer mouth.*Edit* Iffen you want to hot it up a tad,pour in some of them fancy Olive Oil with Chili Peppers in it!Not too shabby.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.