Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: “Christmas Tree” - a SW GA Giant

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    The best part is the late Mr. Christmas Tree was an active breeder. Photos of his son Kwanzaa Tree are acquired. He has many of the same traits of course and will, in time be a giant too.

Unbelievable property and a well disciplined group of members. The main lodge has deer mounted that will make you drool.
    Nitro, I really enjoy your posts. You guys have it going on the right way. I'm curious about how most of the hunters hunt. You talk about passing many of these bucks multiple times. Are most of the hunters food plot guys, woods guys, or a combination of both (I assume the latter)? Do y'all see these mature bucks in food plots/fields? Thanks, CC
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    The best part is the late Mr. Christmas Tree was an active breeder. Photos of his son Kwanzaa Tree are acquired. He has many of the same traits of course and will, in time be a giant too.

Unbelievable property and a well disciplined group of members. The main lodge has deer mounted that will make you drool.
    As soon as I read the word "lodge" my wallet screamed and slammed shut.

Awesome deer!

Cool to see the fruits of labor of like minded folk!

Let's see these lodge deer mounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    As soon as I read the word "lodge" my wallet screamed and slammed shut.
    haha. It's not like you think. Andy is referring to the biggest property owner in the co-op and their cabin. It's badass, but I don't pay to hunt their place. I pay to hunt the timber company that borders up to it.

Come stay at "the palace" with us one weekend. You can sleep upstairs with the ghost.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

GP ,does your club pass on bucks to reach mega gaint status as well, or is this that club that shoots only booners in that area, hell of a buck 13.5 inches my wife is screaming

The hell you say. That's my bedroom.. I like all the creepy azz 50 year old dolls and the Indian paintings of the Chiefs with the eyes that follow you across the room. Glenn wouldn't stay there anyway - too much UGA stuff in the sitting room

Yeah, I guess "lodge" was the wrong wording " privately owned , outdoor themed 5 star mansion" would be more accurate. But the deer are to be drooled over. No dat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    haha. It's not like you think. Andy is referring to the biggest property owner in the co-op and their cabin. It's badass, but I don't pay to hunt their place. I pay to hunt the timber company that borders up to it.

Come stay at "the palace" with us one weekend. You can sleep upstairs with the ghost.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I ain't skeert no UGA or ghosteses. If the haints have a football team just find a way to get 'em ranked #1 and I'll whoop them too.

LOL!!!!

We will be thinking of you on Saturday afternoon. No Dat. The chef is mediocre at best. We will scrape by .

There is a nearby place that has great chitlins and rice....to go.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 11-28-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by ffr View Post
    GP ,does your club pass on bucks to reach mega gaint status as well, or is this that club that shoots only booners in that area, hell of a buck 13.5 inches my wife is screaming
    We have 25,000 acres in the co-op. My club makes up 1500 of that 25,000. We and all the adjoining clubs constantly share trail camera pics and decide on what we want to try to shoot and what we want to pass. It’s not perfect and every year someone will kill a deer that someone else wanted to let go but overall it works. No one gets bent out of shape and we move on. At the end of the day it’s just a deer and some people have different standards on what they are looking for. We just try to communicate as much as possible.

But I guess to answer your question, we do pass on several big deer every year to try to get them to mega giant status

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I would quit hunting if I ever got a masterpiece of a deer like that one. !
    Bullshit- if you got laid by a supermodel tonight would you swear off pussy?

Interesting how you guys made it work and have no one slip in and cause major problems within, its hard to control 2000 acres without incident when big buck news spreads ,hats off to you guys

Interesting how you guys made it work and have no one slip in and cause major problems within, its hard to control 2000 acres without incident when big buck news spreads ,hats off to you guys
    In order to pass up 110" deer you have to have seen plenty. After that you start passing up 125" deer. And so on and so on. Most SC hunters can't pass up a 100" deer.

They only get two buck tags in Ga. And at least one (maybe both depending on the county) are restricted. That does alot to make people be more picky.

Kudos to what you guys are doing over there. It's hard to get more than a few guys to agree on what to do in a club, much less 4-5 parcels. Nice work and great deer.

I’ve only been on here a short while but when gut pile post deer pics I got to take a look.
    Very nice buck,wish I could get a group like that together.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    TopWater bite is strong this morning, didn't figure on you being the one to hit it though.

I didn't miss the co-op part and I understand perfectly how it works. What they're doing is awesome.

But getting my picture taken with a deer someone else killed doesn't appeal or make sense to me unless it's a father/son hunt, first deer, or some kind of handicap hunt.

But you take a picture with squirrels you killed....
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    WOW....this buck reminds me so much of one I found years ago on the farm and since had him mounted on another cape.
    Similarly, he was only about 13.5" wide but the mass, tine length, and number of points put him around 170"....
    Just goes to show minimum spread width requirements are BS!
    Lets see it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Lets see it.
    Don't have a picture on my phone I will have to go by and take one

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

There have been some bad apples. They just don’t get invited back. We keep the pressure really low too. My 1500 acre Club has 6 members. The 5000 acres surrounding my club has 8 members. That part really helps

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    There have been some bad apples. They just don’t get invited back. We keep the pressure really low too. My 1500 acre Club has 6 members. The 5000 acres surrounding my club has 8 members. That part really helps
    Wow. Hell I'd have gotten in the picture too.