Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: “Christmas Tree” - a SW GA Giant

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    So do you like pull out your album of bucks on "hit list" or do you know that's a shooter as soon as you see it? What if he's one that hasn't had his picture taken, what's he gotta score so the co opt don't get a red ass? Cull bucks?
    I would say we have pictures of the majority of the bucks roaming around. If we don’t the general rule of thumb is 8pts and less are fair game at 4.5, 9pts and better get a pass until 5.5

This has worked really well over the years. While I haven’t been a member the whole time the co-op has been in place i have known people who have. I will say in 2009 if there were 50 different bucks on camera you would maybe have 5 bucks 10 points or more. There were so many big 6s it was crazy. After putting the hurt on the big 6,7, and even 8 points over the last 9 years if you get 50 bucks on camera now you’ll have 40 of them with 10 points and the rest are 8s with the random 6 here and there.

I promise it’s not as serious and as cut throat as some of you think. It’s great hunting, tons of fun, and pretty damn laid back. If someone “messes up” and kills a buck someone wanted to pass we let it roll. At the end of the day it’s just a deer.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Will,

Some of the comments are just shitstirring like normal on SCDicks.. you have explained things about as well as the mouthbreathers can comprehend. Most of them are happier with a truck bed full of basket rack 8s anyway.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 11-29-2017 at 06:31 PM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Any idea on how many acres worth of food plots y'all have planted, as a whole?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

As I said this co-op couldn't be more co-operative and co-operating co-operatively.

LOL!!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Any idea on how many acres worth of food plots y'all have planted, as a whole?
    We have 20 acres. The area is heavy in agriculture so there’s no shortage of food

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    We have 20 acres. The area is heavy in agriculture so there’s no shortage of food
    What do y'all mainly plant?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Well I applaud y'all for being able to get that type of cooperation between neighbors. That's not easy to do.

And to show my appreciation for your efforts I'm willing to bring my bow down and skewer all your does and mature culls for the low low price of free fiddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    What do y'all mainly plant?
    Oats, wheat, clover

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Then you probably missed the term "Co-Op" twice. A deer and a place like Will hunts has to be an agreement by all parties to work together. 4 different members had the opportunity to kill what would have been their deer of a lifetime last year. They passed him up because that was the agreement, and they sacrificed for the good of the group.

Shooting the deer is the easy part, and you could argue that the 4 people who elected not to shoot him last year had a greater hand in that deer being what he ended up being than the ultimate killer.
    ^ Daggum skippy, only thing that would have given you more cool points is that jacket but Nick has it now so ....

Great buck, great story !!
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    ^ Daggum skippy, only thing that would have given you more cool points is that jacket but Nick has it now so ....

Great buck, great story !!
    Um..... He has the belt!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE