Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longest lasting waders.

I have a pair of Herters' waist waders that I bought for my dad in 2003 because they were 3 mm. He's kinda hot natured so I thought he'd like them. And then they didn't fit. Anyway, it turns out they're pretty tough.
    Last edited by Fish; 11-28-2017 at 01:21 PM.

I'm not really big on returning things. But my last pair of Cabelas waders only made me until the second season. I called them earlier. They gave me an addy to send them back so they can examine them. They're the warrior instinct, hybrid type. They started leaking in the seems.

The longest lasting neoprene waders I've owned were brush tuffs or that thick Alaska neoprene waders by Cabelas. My canvas waders still beat all of them.

I'm wearing lacrosse breathables now.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 11-28-2017 at 01:55 PM.

LL Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    LL Bean
    You were there when those Cabela's failed on me.

Ive got a drake pair. This is the 3rd year ill have had them if I can manage to make it til the end of the season with them. They started leaking at the end of last year and they seem to be worse than i remember. Never the less im still wearing them. No holes, they are leaking out of the seams around my crotch. But they have lasted longer than the last 3-4 pairs I've had, some not even making it a year.

I have had pretty good luck with waders. The only ones that really ever given me a problem have been Drake.
    Well Friday night as we were picking up decoys I felt my foot get a little wet. I was wearing a pair of Cabela’s lightweight breathable waders. They were three years old. When I got home I threw them in the corner of my shop, to attempt to find the leak and fix them at some other point in time. But this thread got me thinking.

I just finished speaking to a Cabela’s representative who pulled up my order and it turns out they have discontinued this model. They gave me a return number and are issuing a full refund. It’s really hard to beat a warranty like that.

I still got my old Hodgeman. Heavy yes but real warm and dry
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I wear banded breathables. I love them. Only thing I don't like about them is if you fall out the boat or step off the bank in deep water, they fill up very fast.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    You were there when those Cabela's failed on me.
    hah, yep!

The Cabelas waders are made for people that are not tall......no offense Ralph........they are nut huggers on me.

The Bean waders fit well, have lasted multiple seasons and are guaranteed for life. I mean, that's hard to beat. I equate wearing banded waders and some of those other brands to wearing bedazzled jeans which seem to be popular here.