Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer Tags and killing

#tagsrule!
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

I'm not going to shoot any more than I normally do. I will have tags left over. So be it. If I feel like shooting a deer, and I see said deer, I'll shoot said deer. Once I have all the meat I want, probably one for the land owner, maybe one for a co-worker, I'll likely have four or so does dead and maybe a buck.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

What kind of moondick feels the need to shoot more bucks because we now have tags?

Errr actually nevermind. Don't answer that.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 11-27-2017 at 07:44 PM.

I'm saving all mine till the end of the season, except for what I've already used.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,

Thomas Jefferson

Keep hearing rumors about "some clubs" borrowing tags from non-deer hunting....friends and family members so they can keep the peter pulling contest going on who can kill the most 1 1/2 year olds bucks.

I hope the DNR is really putting some effort into checking on these renegade groups.

I whacked one tonight just because I had a tag..... And I like watching them tip over
    cut\'em

I haven't noticed people I know killing any more deer than normal. The ones that have been letting bucks reach maturity for years haven't changed and the heybos killing yearling bucks are still hard at it.

A tipped a floppy eared cotton eater over just before dark this evening.
    U serious Clark?

Agree with Wackem.

As to the difference between just a doe day and now a tag doe day, folks are not forgetting which day the tag is good for it seems and more are being taken from speaking to processors.
    Genesis 9;2

Tags haven't changed my approach at all. Only difference so far is I have personally only pulled the trigger once but my son started tipping them over in October and hasn't looked back. I normally killed 8 or so/year but I'm enjoying the hell out of him filling the quota.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

People just need to hunt and quit the worrying!
    Tag a deer when the need arises...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Keep hearing rumors about "some clubs" borrowing tags from non-deer hunting....friends and family members so they can keep the peter pulling contest going on who can kill the most 1 1/2 year olds bucks.

I hope the DNR is really putting some effort into checking on these renegade groups.
    Oh please please Let me know I will be glad to send them in the right direction if it is on our end of the county.

Had a meeting With CR the other day and made it clear I want the number dropped to 2 bucks. Will that happen this year? No.
    But there are some other parts moving that will go into effect quickly!!!

I was so excited!

In the mean time renegades need to be regulated.

So S9 because a tag has a date on it is telling idiots what day to kill does?

My original suggestions was just issue whatever it was 8 "orange" tags those tags could only be used on doe days, but every doe had to be tagged. The compromise was what we have. So if you are insinuating a date specific tag is causing more does to be killed this isn't a bad thing.

We need doe regulation in certain parts of the state. This equates to less need for depredation.

Another hot topic for me.

While I have been in favor of this if we as farmers can't self regulate then we need regulation. Shooting deer intentionally so they run off isn't ok.

Shooting deer and tagging even if left needs to be enforced. We need real data. Dep program and harvest data.

I don't care if you like it or not. Black helicopters aren't coming to get you because you tag and then report a kill or kills.

I'm pretty sure if you aren't turning in you dep harvest numbers annually as prescribed you will have a hard time getting tags in the next few years!

So just follow the rules!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    What kind of moondick feels the need to shoot more bucks because we now have tags?

Errr actually nevermind. Don't answer that.
    Answer it or not, I have the same question.

If someone is killing more deer, bucks or does, just so as to not "waste" a tag, they need to borrow some big-boy pants and go fishing or something. That kind of behavior makes hillbillies look intelligent. Damn...

At the end of the season I'll be more than happy to give my unused tags to anyone who wants to keep them for posterity... or target practice... or whatever.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Oh please please Let me know I will be glad to send them in the right direction if it is on our end of the county.

Had a meeting With CR the other day and made it clear I want the number dropped to 2 bucks. Will that happen this year? No.

I was so excited!

My original suggestions was just issue whatever it was 8 "orange" tags those tags could only be used on doe days, but every doe had to be tagged. The compromise was what we have. So if you are insinuating a date specific tag is causing more does to be killed this isn't a bad thing.

We need doe regulation in certain parts of the state. This equates to less need for depredation.

While I have been in favor of this if we as farmers can't self regulate then we need regulation. Shooting deer intentionally so they run off isn't ok.

Shooting deer and tagging even if left needs to be enforced. We need real data. Dep program and harvest data.

I don't care if you like it or not. Black helicopters aren't coming to get you because you tag and then report a kill or kills.

I'm pretty sure if you aren't turning in you dep harvest numbers annually as prescribed you will have a hard time getting tags in the next few years!

Who the fuck died and made you the ruler of SC deer? Go buy a high fence and rule your little imaginary world and leave the rest of us the fuck alone. We don't need all of your grow big bucks bullshit.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Who the fuck died and made you the ruler of SC deer? Go buy a high fence and rule your little imaginary world and leave the rest of us the fuck alone. We don't need all of your grow big bucks bullshit.
    You know how you hear some people talking about moondicks?

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Thankfully you live in Bowman

I was so excited!

In another thread today you called yourself a libertarian and in this thread you want to push your own deer rules down everybody's throat.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Shhh he's richer than you.

hahahahaha

Had a meeting With CR the other day and made it clear I want the number dropped to 2 bucks.
    No thank you.