Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small tract of land hunting, new to this and got questions

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    We had good success with aquatic nematode control using decomate brand nematodicides but have been catching hell trying to control trematodes (tree born nematodes) due to excessive cost (around $2,000 per tree). Summer burns are helping I think, bc we have killed most of the trees. (Juvenile trematodes rely on "chloroplasts" to reach their final life stage) since you didn't major in forestry like I, tree are eat slap up with "chloroplasts". You're gonna need a spring and summer protein feed regime (we feed 6lb per deer per day) using bigJ brand like micheal waddle.
    To sum it up:
    No nematodes
    No trematodes
    No trees
    Protein
    Chloroplasts
    The end
    my buddy majored in forestry at Clemzon and he said that if you use too many nematodicides that you will end up turning all your chloroplasts into cholorofills....he said once the trees reach maturity, the trematode productions slowly dwindles down and there is nothing to fight off the natural choloroplast production, therefore creating a chlorofill bloom, much like when a pond turns over.... is this correct?

Correct. And, ribosomes too.

dont forget mitochondria
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    I hunt a 40acre spot right behind my house and see the same 15 - 20 deer every night. I consider this to be a bedding spot b/c there is a great deal of activity in the PM and not much in the AM. I have seen a few big bucks on cameras and found a few sheds but have yet to put an arrow through one. In years past of have tried to take 3 or 4 does but this season, I have only killed one buck. Most of the does have twins and I have always heard that you shouldn't shoot a doe with twins.
    Why would you never shoot a doe with twins? It's not that uncommon particularly in mature does.

I'm guessing it goes back to the concern of running out of deer. But if you have 20 deer on 40 acres I don't think you have to worry about that.

And good info on nematode management. Keep up the good work gentlemen.

does with twins? where do you people get these things from?

Momma wants BB to leave her alone. She'll run him off soon. The doe fawn may stay with her but its a rough world out there and she might as well get used to not having momma around.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    Most of the does have twins and I have always heard that you shouldn't shoot a doe with twins.
    No, no, no, no......you are not supposed to shoot the doe AND both twins. Leave one of the twins for seed.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Having too many does is rough but also not having enough means that after your resident bucks breed your resident does then they are gonna have to go searching. There's a fine line, but who knows where that line is
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid