Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Lee Ellis - another Metro Atlanta Giant - "Zeus"

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, I know......

Jealousy.
    Here's your "bingo".

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Same tactic that a guy in Iowa uses to kill a cornfield Giant in a 5 acre woodlot pinch point.
    This right here. My buddy in Iowa killed a 204 or something along those lines in a 16 acre patch of timber.

This suburban shooting couldn't have happened to a more 200 " deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Our 1-1/2/acre tract has produced well this year. 4 so far and more to come if I can get some help. Tough hunting I tell ya. BAAWWAAAAAAAAAAA.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Bow hunting within the suburbs is an ethical way to manage a deer herd that is thriving in our shitty man made habitats. Look at any urban area and you will see wood lines and creeks running all over the place like spaghetti noodles on a plate. Those tiny areas support wildlife and deer thrive off of it. They have to be managed, so it can be done by archery hunting or you can pay the state government to hire "sharpshooters" or some other bullshit manner to manage the deer herd. And guess what? Deer know the difference between the lesbian couple mowing their grass with the electric push mower and the hunter with a crossbow that got permission to hunt the lesbian's land. How they figure it out I don't know but hell-evolution is cool.

Letting a pet deer roam around in November is like letting your 19 year old daughter go hang out at the Marine Barracks to celebrate the Marine Corps birthday. Not a good idea....

I don't buy it was 10 years or only left the yard in November. Probably wasn't even a pet...

And Lee Ellis probably wears drake attire during the week with a yeti in the back of his truck and camo croakies on his sunglasses. All are indicators of faggotdom.
    Nonsense. Those deer are pets and anyone could kill them with a bow on 1.5 acre, they chose to shoot deer in a food plot or bean field with a center fire rifle, the hard ethical way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

IF I knew I had a 200" deer on one of my tracts, I'd dig a spider hole like a Vietcong, roll myself in Tink's #69, ring the hole with Corn, crawl inside the hole and stab the bastard in the neck with a knife if I had the chance.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    IF I knew I had a 200" deer on one of my tracts, I'd dig a spider hole like a Vietcong, roll myself in Tink's #69, ring the hole with Corn, crawl inside the hole and stab the bastard in the neck with a knife if I had the chance.
    Preach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a guy that hunts down there in same area and does same thing. He sent me the pic before this story ever came out. He's not in with these guys but hunts woods in backs of Neighborhoods etc. he has some hellufied bucks on camera and he and his buddy have killed several in the class of this other goober. Difference is this Lee guy is ALL ABOUT the "hits" likes follows etc filming for a show, sponsorships etc. He'll be the first to tell you it's NOT the same as being out in the woods somewhere. Says he's seen the wind swirl and a buck wind him, stop for several minutes and then just continue on. I don't think truly big bucks do this outside urban environment. It's not for me but the deer are huge. It just sucks there is so much "look at me" going on promoted primarily and 100% by technology, phones apps and webpages. I can't even watch a hunting show anymore for all the "broism". Fhese guys trying to explain how hard and how much work it is are just fucking pathetic. It may be time intensive getting permission. But putting out corn in the back of 50 yards all summer in front of trail cams to find a buck then dialing into the area you find aint HARD! Riding through a neighborhood and seeing bucks beded between houses, having old ladies run to the end of their driveway to cut off deer about to cross the road to push them back toward your stand is complete bullshit. Putting it all out there on the internet makes them look like idiots. Think it's hard go down to Kiswahili or Fripp and tell me how hard it is to pattern those deer.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I thought the whole point of hunting was to pursue wild game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

Ain't gonna lie.....were I stuck in Atlanta, I'd hunt the shit outta dem big urban bucks!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Agree. I only disagree with the attention whoring. The guy can't keep it to himself even if Broadcasting his kill brings in tons of competition

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    Here's your "bingo".
    No jealousy here

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Agree. I only disagree with the attention whoring. The guy can't keep it to himself even if Broadcasting his kill brings in tons of competition
    This. And I agree with you too Scott.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I can’t read all this crap, but I want to give my .02. I have no problem with people getting permission from homeowners/landowners is residential areas to hunt/kill deer where they are living and thriving. If it’s legal to kill urban deer in a residential neighborhood, great...kill em. If 99 out of 100 homeowners in the tackyville sub-division are against it and feed the deer and name them and consider them pets...but it is legal, I think the one homeowner who knows deer aren’t pets should start the Tackyville Whitetail Guide Service and Hunting Lodge. Would I sit in that one guy’s yard and kill some deer? Sure. It wouldn’t be a high-on-my-list hunt, but if I wanted some meat and had a few hours one afternoon to spare, why not? Would I shoot a 200” deer in that yard if he walked in? Damn right. Would I mount it? Heck yes...it’s a beautiful deer. Would I be proud of the hunting skills required to kill it and brag about it? No. I’d be more proud of it than I would be of some high fence bullshit...afterall, It is a wild deer in its natural environment. It’s a shame that this poor kid feels the need to trump this up into some difficult, three year quest to figure out this deer’s extensive home range and victorious triumph after putting in so many hours in the stand. I guess I could be wrong...it might be far more difficult than we are thinking...being in the right back yard at the right time having such limited access and with this buck having so many backyard corn piles and flowerbeds to choose from. IDK. This just seems like a kid who killed a deer legally in a backyard...no biggie, and then trying to get some Internet glory to ease his immature inferiority complex...no biggie. The only biggie in this story is the deer.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Ain't gonna lie.....were I stuck in Atlanta, I'd hunt the shit outta dem big urban bucks!
    And this is what I would have said had God blessed me with the gift of brevity.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

As long as they are admitting that they are shooting tamie deer, and they are, who cares? If only these shitbirds shooting tame ducks would be so honest...

Agree with cali and sportin above. Hunt the shit out of it and kill them. Just don't act like you just arrowed a unicorn in the middle of the pisgah national forest
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    And this is what I would have said had God blessed me with the gift of brevity.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I can’t read all this crap, but I want to give my .02. I have no problem with people getting permission from homeowners/landowners is residential areas to hunt/kill deer where they are living and thriving. If it’s legal to kill urban deer in a residential neighborhood, great...kill em. If 99 out of 100 homeowners in the tackyville sub-division are against it and feed the deer and name them and consider them pets...but it is legal, I think the one homeowner who knows deer aren’t pets should start the Tackyville Whitetail Guide Service and Hunting Lodge. Would I sit in that one guy’s yard and kill some deer? Sure. It wouldn’t be a high-on-my-list hunt, but if I wanted some meat and had a few hours one afternoon to spare, why not? Would I shoot a 200” deer in that yard if he walked in? Damn right. Would I mount it? Heck yes...it’s a beautiful deer. Would I be proud of the hunting skills required to kill it and brag about it? No. I’d be more proud of it than I would be of some high fence bullshit...afterall, It is a wild deer in its natural environment. It’s a shame that this poor kid feels the need to trump this up into some difficult, three year quest to figure out this deer’s extensive home range and victorious triumph after putting in so many hours in the stand. I guess I could be wrong...it might be far more difficult than we are thinking...being in the right back yard at the right time having such limited access and with this buck having so many backyard corn piles and flowerbeds to choose from. IDK. This just seems like a kid who killed a deer legally in a backyard...no biggie, and then trying to get some Internet glory to ease his immature inferiority complex...no biggie. The only biggie in this story is the deer.
    I agree. Completely.

That was the best part of all of this.

The brevity line...
    Last edited by Highstrung; 11-22-2017 at 09:11 PM.