Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Ellis - another Metro Atlanta Giant - "Zeus"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    The winner wins a new Truck.
    Further fueling people to do stupid shit like shoot neighborhood/pet deer.
    Last edited by MKW; 11-20-2017 at 03:39 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    The winner wins a new Truck.
    I'm going to start grabbing fawns off the ground during turkey scouting sessions. I'll keep them in the yard while I feed them creatine and then cut their nuts off when they turn 5 so they never drop their antlers. I've been eyeing the new King Ranch. WTB Nomad seat covers if they're available.

Assholes.
    Last edited by LowCountryNative; 11-20-2017 at 04:06 PM.

I read the whole post of both sides. The killer lost me at:

"Now you have to convince a complete stranger to let you shoot a deadly weapon in the yard where their kids and dogs play, at the animals they think are their pets because they see them running through the neighborhood at night."

I'm glad some of y'all have posted bits and pieces of both sides of the story.

I now realize that I feel just as I suspected I would.

I don't give a shit.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I give more credit to the deer for living long enough in that area and growing a set of antlers like that, than I give credit to the guy who killled it..You would be surprised at the size and number of big bucks that are killed by cars in the Metro ATL.

I in no way am judging nor glorifying the method of the hunt .. just thought a deer of that caliber was worth a thread. It's a true Giant.

There is a photo out there on the innerweb of the dude's 2016 175" Gross score rack inside the 200" deer's antlers. Now that is impressive.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I'm glad some of y'all have posted bits and pieces of both sides of the story.

I now realize that I feel just as I suspected I would.

I don't give a shit.
    That pretty much sums it up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LowCountryNative View Post
    I'm going to start grabbing fawns off the ground during turkey scouting sessions. I'll keep them in the yard while I feed them creatine and then cut their nuts off when they turn 5 so they never drop their antlers. I've been eyeing the new King Ranch. WTB Nomad seat covers if they're available.

Assholes.
    Trust me, you want the Platinum.

Sitting now waiting on an old declining buck or a sookie, I ain’t particular today.

Good looking buck, good for him if he’s proud of his accomplishment. Would it be much different if one of the neighbors hit it with a car?

I’m with Feet’s, don’t give a shit.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

96206A59-6BEA-4386-B4E6-5E283646806A.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I give more credit to the deer for living long enough in that area and growing a set of antlers like that, than I give credit to the guy who killled it..You would be surprised at the size and number of big bucks that are killed by cars in the Metro ATL.

I in no way am judging nor glorifying the method of the hunt .. just thought a deer of that caliber was worth a thread. It's a true Giant.

There is a photo out there on the innerweb of the dude's 2016 175" Gross score rack inside the 200" deer's antlers. Now that is impressive.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by 12341234 View Post
    DAMNIT MAN- what a difference

If I could have legally shot that deer, I would've.

Sort of ironic for a bunch of "corn pile hunters" to belittle another hunter's legal deer.

Haters gonna hate. Fellas I'm close to this situation and Zeus couldn't have happened to a nicer douche bag.

Crazy thing is about two years ago there was a video on scducks made by that hunter with photos and video of that exact deer and others, everyone on here was loving it and commenting on their own urban hunts etc. scducks hypocracy knows no bounds
    Last edited by Griffin; 11-20-2017 at 05:37 PM.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

if It was so easy and unethical, how come it took so long for someone to kill that deer? Those guys kill giants regularly they are good at what they do. Ethical or not there are a lot of people that try it and don’t succeed. Lots of guys here say they wouldn’t shoot one in that situation are lying. If they saw one half that size in the back yard they would be camped out in their shitter gun hanging out the window. It’s juat a different style of hunting. Some guys that said they wouldn’t shoot that also shoot released quail or ducks. Or they shoot ducks in a corn pond, is that natural habitat and fair chase?
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

I've got no problem with saying that it's kinda silly.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    If I could have legally shot that deer, I would've.

Sort of ironic for a bunch of "corn pile hunters" to belittle another hunter's legal deer.
    Well, I am not a "corn pile hunter", in fact, I have never hunted deer over any bait. The deer in question was not killed in a fair chase situation, IMO...and that's only MY opinion. And, to me, there is no way that GON should give a man a brand new truck for killing a deer that wore a collar for half his life no matter how big the deer is.
    The deer is a magnificent animal, but the hunter deserves no credit, IMO. I sincerely doubt that the deer had anywhere near the normal fear of people that "wild" deer have...again, my opinion.

Glad my way is superior along with all my kills. I read on the internet the slob this guy is. He is killing hunting but I know real facts I am just better and the old times were better.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 11-20-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Glad my way is superior along with all my kills. I read on the internet the slob this guy is. He is killing hunting but I know real facts I am just better and the old times were better.
    I agree with the Tater. Believe it or not, I wouldn't drive to Atlanta to shoot him if asked. Deer are half domesticated

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I agree with the Tater. Believe it or not, I wouldn't drive to Atlanta to shoot him if asked. Deer are half domesticated
    I took his post as dripping with sarcasm, but maybe it wasn't...hell, I don't know.

MKW,

Your comments are how this shit gets started..

1. Who can say truthfully prove the deer ever wore a collar??
    2. These dudes have killed multiple giant ATL Bucks - multiple.
    3. GON's stupid Truck Buck contest doesn't " give " anyone a truck. You win a week with the highest scoring deer. Then they have a silly azzed egg shooting contest with air rifles to decide who wins the truck. Single elimination , miss and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Well, I am not a "corn pile hunter", in fact, I have never hunted deer over any bait. The deer in question was not killed in a fair chase situation, IMO...and that's only MY opinion. And, to me, there is no way that GON should give a man a brand new truck for killing a deer that wore a collar for half his life no matter how big the deer is.
    The deer is a magnificent animal, but the hunter deserves no credit, IMO. I sincerely doubt that the deer had anywhere near the normal fear of people that "wild" deer have...again, my opinion.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    MKW,

Your comments are how this shit gets started..

1. Who can say truthfully prove the deer ever wore a collar??
    2. These dudes have killed multiple giant ATL Bucks - multiple.
    3. GON's stupid Truck Buck contest doesn't " give " anyone a truck. You win a week with the highest scoring deer. Then they have a silly azzed egg shooting contest with air rifles to decide who wins the truck. Single elimination , miss and go home.
    Yeah, I know all that stuff. I have never agreed with what these boys do. And, you are correct, I do not know that the deer wore a collar. And, I have seen the shoot-out for the contest. I even remember that some kid won it one year.
    I don't really care what these guys do. I just don't think it should be glorified.