Thread: hams?

My buddies and I shot a few deer last weekend and now we have some large hams. They have a good bit of fat on them and they are all ready de-boned. How should I cook these? My dad used to do them in the crock-pot with bbq sauce. I want to try some stuff so I would love some ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Hell, just throw em on the grill with several pounds of bacon.

LOL FISH!

Grill them with kosher salt and pepper
    Continually flip and about halfway through add ur favorite sauce and continue adding until done(depending on size and temp)
    Never hurts to inject the meat or make a cut to soak up some sauce

Any other ideas?

Freeze your meat. Have your friendly butcher, or someone with an electric meat saw, slice @ 3/4 inch. Apply sesoning of choice. Grill on very hot fire. Have a bottle of squeeze butter handy and apply generously while flipping (four or five times) Try it, you'll like it.
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Place in a large browning bag with two cans each of cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup, three cans water, two large onions quartered, and several stalks of celery cut into two inch pieces, along with any other seasoning you like. I also put in some brown gravy mix. Cook at 325-350 for about three hours. Make some homemade biscuits and then send me a hearty thank you.

Take that tough, dry, gamey tastin crap and put it in the pressure cooker. Leave it in there till its fallin to pieces. When it's done, let it cool a bit and shred it up. Cook a bunch of DAMN BACON, break it all apart and save the DAMN BACON GREASE. Put the DAMN BACON GREASE into the meat along with the DAMN BACON, salt, pepper and about a five gallon bucket of sage. Keep putting sage in it till ya just can't believe how much you've put in there. This dish is called venison hash. Don't hurt yerself.

Incidentally, you can do the same thing with coons. Come to think of it, you can probably fix any critter this way. Say, do ya think thats the same thought that some Chinese fella had about cats a long time ago?

Good gosh man! Are you a Sage Merchant? Importer? Purveyor of fine, rare Sage? You have missed an opportunity if not.

SAGE WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR FALL OUT!

CHAP, YOU NEED TO TRY MY HAM RECIPE.
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

I have two hams coming my way from Friday evening's nanny. It sounds good.