Thread: Chap's Duck

Damn it was some of the best duck I've had. Maybe he'll share the recipe. [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]

Appreciate it there, OSD. As soon as I dig out of this paperwork hole, I will post it up.

OK. 24 HRS. in advance, begin marinating duck breasts in a terryaki marinade. The important thing to remember here is that Moore's or Dale's is not Terryaki sauce, but salt sauce. If you want salt duck, go for it.

Marinate the breasts for 8-12 hrs. I use a big Ziploc since you can completely soak the meat. After above stated time, remove breasts from marinade, and discard marinade. Get a can of sliced pineapples, size depending on # of breasts, and pour the juice from the can over the breasts in a seperate ziploc. Now preserve the slices for later. Remember to get sliced- crushed won't work.

The next afternoon get a charcoal fire going, remove the breasts, and get out the bacon and pineapple slices. Break the slices of pineapple in half, and fold each breast over them, to form sort of a C within a C-like they are interlocking. From the opposite direction, to hold the pineapple in place, wrap with bacon. Then skewer the bacon, duck, and pineapple.

Place on the grill and cook until the bacon is just about done- not crispy- more like browned but still a little runny. It will keep cooking, and the hot grease will keep cooking the duck. Remember not to eat the toothpicks and enjoy.

It's not like this is my proprietary recipe, but it is damn good and worth a try.

It is damn good!! [img]graemlins/hungry.gif[/img]

I'm in...lets try it on some geese Chap.

We need to go kill some geese first. I aplogize for the first season. I got caught up in work and couldn't make it out there. I have never tried it on the big birds. Might take some extra citrus to work out that blood taste. We will see, we will see!