Thread: 6.4 diesel

Any one bought an 08 6.4 yet.Just bought my second 6.0 under protest and have a 6.4 ordered.Anything has to be better than a 6.0.

don't know much about the Fords but I heard on pavementsucks.com that some of the '08 6.4 are ALREADY under recall......I'll Let you know what I can find
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

It has to do with the flames coming out of the exhaust. There is a video showing the reason for the recall. Again I'm not familiar with the powerstrokes but I think I'll stick to a Duramax or a Cummings.
    link

Buckshot got it right.

Those suckers are shooting flames out of the exhaust.

I am in the market for a new diesel and not sure what to do. The powerstroke is out so I think it's between the Cummins and Duramax.

On second thought maybe I'll start custom making the trucks. Dodge Motors, Chevy Tranny, and the ford fit and finish.

----

problem in the convertor, either fuel or oil got trapped in, just like a gas engine convertor they get really really hot. the bugs will get worked out. they are already on it with a conversion . but i would stick with hummin cummins though.imo

Buy a Duramax - Stay away from the "Powerjokes".

I say buy the Duramax, I know that they will pull whatever you want pulled. I seen a friend of mine pull a singlewide trailer house down the highway about 60-65mph, and had no problems. This truck kept that speed for several miles . These trucks not only have power but they also have COMFORT!!!!

I always liked the Powerstokes until I seen that. These trucks are not for comfort.

Originally posted by That's Mr. ELMER to you:
    I say buy the Duramax, I know that they will pull whatever you want pulled. I seen a friend of mine pull a singlewide trailer house down the highway about 60-65mph, and had no problems. This truck kept that speed for several miles . These trucks not only have power but they also have COMFORT!!!!

I always liked the Powerstokes until I seen that. These trucks are not for comfort.
    Well that seals the deal. If it can pull a mobile home at 60 mph then it must be bad ass.

Just kidding. I like the Chevy and the Dodge I guess I'll ride around in both and see which I like more.

I like the older model Cummings 12 valves but I don't really care for the newer models. As far as the newer trucks, I'd stick with the Duramax. The '07 model is still up in the air.