Thread: New GPS

After getting lost in the fog TWICE last year on Murray (so thick I couldn't see 50 yards) in the pre-dawn hours, I broke down and bought a new GPS. Let me say, this thing kicks ass.

Garmin GPSMAP 76CS

Color display, WAAS capable, accurate as hell, waterproof, floats, and has 115 MB of internal memory.

I got some Garmin mapping software and put it on my home PC. I had taken the unit to the lake to lock in some boat ramps and such that I use that aren't in the database. When I got home, I downloaded my waypoints to the PC and they appeared on the lake map. Then I could make routes from the house or the ramp to my favorite "holes", then upload these to the Garmin unit. Bam - ready to rock.

If you are on the coast, it will find the nearest tide station and give you the tide chart for that moment in time.

Pea soup or not, I can get there (although maybe slowly)
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I have the 76s and it is the best thing I have bought in a long time. That tide station tool is simply the best thing on a handheld. The maps are not as accurate as you want to believe, but they do well. I give it a [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Living the dream....

Im using Expert GPS with my Garmin 72. The only thing I want is updated aerial photos. Anybody know where I can get em'.

I've got the map76 and its been great! Extremley easy to use and won't let you down. Swamp Rat, you know it'll also give you tides!
    Good to talk, see you out there!