Thread: Wonderful Wit of W.C. Fields

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Wonderful Wit of W.C. Fields

This was before my time but I can see how he became so famous. He's pretty funny. I actually laughed out loud when he slapped that little girl in the head for kicking him in the shin. I'd have put a knot on her head too. Of course hating kids was part of his character/persona.

William Claude Dukenfield (January 29, 1880 – December 25, 1946), better known as W. C. Fields, was an American comedian, actor, juggler and writer. Fields' comic persona was a misanthropic and hard-drinking egotist, who remained a sympathetic character despite his snarling contempt for dogs and children.

This is just a small collection of his great talent for comedy on all levels. His style of comedy was unique and traits of it can be found in modern day comedy. Al Bundy, Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin owe a lot to WC.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Some of his most famous quotes. We've all heard some of them but I had no idea they were from WC. The man was pretty sharp.

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."