Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your duck gun?

I know most of us have 1 or 2 guns that could qualify but day in and day out what gun do you take to do your duck whacking??

Most of the time I shoot an 1100 with a 28" mod. I just got a super mag, and I may switch over to that for the occasional goose that we see down here.
    I have a dream

I'm shooting a Benelli Nova 12ga. 3 1/2. It's a real durable gun. My Browning is a little too fancy to be poling the boat or breaking ice with !
    \"If you\'re not living on the edge, you are taking up someone else\'s space!\" - BB

I usually shoot an A-5 (2 3/4") with a 22" invector plus or a 24" SBE. Every now and then, I will shoot a 22" BPS invector.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I have an 870 with a 28" barrel for the geese. In April I got the new super black eagle 2, so far that gun is going everywhere I go hunting. Barely Legal that damn Browning throws un spent shells out of the damn gun instead of putting them in the chamber. You need to use it as your ice breaker and boat paddle.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

870 Mag, do they make anything else??
    Hey JAB what you swingin'??

A-5 3inch

Red, I am still toting my battered M-1 Benelli with that Strangler Choke. That combo ought to be illegal....

I tote a 3" browning gold european model or something, kinda a semi-hump back gun. Put three seasons on it so far and no problems, except last year when I got two boxes of Fiochis that had mushroomed crimps. Gun's seen salt and paddle use and is still kickin'.

SBE - 26" - homemade camo job.
    Like to talk Gamecock sports? Check out http://www.gamecocksportsforum.com.

Beretta AL390 with Pattern Master choke tube and a Beretta 391 Xtrema with a pattern Master tube.
    80-20 Genaration

I generally hunt with a model 12 (HD), but I have been known to carry a SBE as a spare paddle.

I am thinking about snagging one of the new M-2's and topping it with a Patternmaster. I have no use for 3.5" shells these days even though the SBE is nice. Anyone fired the M-2 yet?

Browning BPS-MOBU camo
    LH 870 with DuraCoat MOBU camo
    LH Benelli M-1

Hevi shot #4's or Kent Tungsten Matrix #5's......jump start on the next question.

No steel for me- ever.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Nothing BUT steel for me ever... Matrix and Hevi Shot cannot even compare to duck killing with the new steel loads and chokes. Speed kills old boy...

Last few seasons it's been an 11-87 sps but I bought a "Bakail" o/u this weekend that I'll definitely be using in the blind this year. The price of this gun, the way it's made and the way it shoot's makes it just as attractive as any of the higher priced named brand guns I've shot. The looks ain't bad either.

Don't know about the steel though Jab. I still like my Kent matrix.
    TEAM CODY!<br />\"No intelligent man can live in the great outdoors without being compelled to believe that there is an overrulling power.\"<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.boykinrescue.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.boykinrescue.org</a>

JAB
    Where do you get one of those "stranglers" and why do you use after market chokes?? Are they for Steel only??
    I'm using the factory Modified. It works fine, but I've never seen the after markets.

Winchester Supreme "Black" steel for me.

Red, the "Stranglers" and "Patternmasters" stop the plastic wad and eliminate shot stringing. Therefore your load arrives at one place instead of in a long arc. Someone else can explain it better so you may want to search the web.

I can tell you without question that #2 Kent Fasteel is better at KILLING ducks than lead ever was especially at distance. Basically it cuts leading the duck out of the equation on many shots and cuts it in half or more on passing shots.

Benelli, Nova - 3 1/2 with the realtree camo pattern.... I have never tried any of the after market chokes, but would love to some some more info. Have any of you found one that seems to work with the Nova. I usually shoot the Bismuth 3" #2 or #4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

One of the 870s.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.