Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About a half a second

Default About a half a second

That's how long you believe there is a pack of crocodiles and dinosaurs about to kill and eat you then rape your remains when you step into a covey of quail while walking in the dark on a foggy freddie kruger kind of morning. It's funny once you realize what they are but for about a half a second you just know you are about to die.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Freeze like a stature or jump like a girl? I am a freezer with occasional seizure like fits and may have been known to throw an array of deadly vario speed judo jops and rear flying mule kicks at a murderous covey.
    Last edited by Strick9; 10-15-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    Genesis 9;2

When I get startled my tongue goes numb briefly. It's the most bizarre thing.
    867-5309

I stepped in a covey in the woods about two weeks ago with a 50lb sack of cob corn on each shoulder.
    I thought I was leaving this world for a spilt second.

You are right on all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Freeze like a stature or jump like a girl? I am a freezer with occasional seizure like fits and may have been known to throw an array of deadly vario speed judo jops and rear flying mule kicks at a murderous covey.
    Freeze. Except for my heart which is jumping at a hundred miles an hour trying to leave my body through my chest wall.

Hopefully there was a store between where you were and home so you could stop to replace your drawers.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Hopefully there was a store between where you were and home so you could stop to replace your drawers.
    Dont wear none so I just wipe and go

It will scare you to death for sure but I'm glad we are getting those little birds back in my area. There was several years went by that I didn't see a single bird on the properties I frequent. BJ

Ha Ha. That instant of all hell breaks loose will take a few years off your life.

Kinda like a few weeks ago when I hit a bungee cord with the weed eater and it flew back and wrapped around my leg. I had to stop and look around to make sure no one saw me wig out and then I had to go pick up the weed eater.

Damn woodcock will get your heart pumping too.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Default About a half a second

I think I have mentioned it before but I had a beaver slide off a bank and slap his tail one morning when I was canoeing to a deer spot. I thought for sure my time was up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by led0321; 10-15-2017 at 06:26 PM.

It has happened to all of us

Never forget many years ago I was in a climber watching a clear cut and a covey of quail came right under my tree and were feeding around. I got so tied up in watching them I never saw the hawk that was watching them as well. All of a sudden he dive bombed out of nowhere and nailed one of the quail and you got it they flushed VERY HARD and fast. Damn near went 20' higher up that tree

walked up on a barred owl one morning enjoying his meal, he let out a scream and so did I. Closest i ever came to $π|++1n myself.

scare ya so bad your body freezes up and feels like needles running through ya veins

I was born in Barnwell and spent a great deal of time in the woods and fields around my house and out around Denmark when I was a little boy. That would happen to me once a month at least. You never get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    now that's funny

Never had it happen on the way to a stand but I could imagine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    now that's funny

Never had it happen on the way to a stand but I could imagine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    You can't imagine this. You have to experience it.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Duck hunting one morning and wading through hip size water and had a beaver let loose about 5 feet from me in the pitch black. I think I about jumped outta my waders.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I have walked into a covey several times over the years, but I wish I did it every time I went afield. I miss quail hunting.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Damn woodcock will get your heart pumping too.
    I about stepped on a snipe this morning, it got my heart rate up for a second.

But it wasn't as bad as when a water moccasin wrapped around my leg a few weeks ago, I never knew I could jump that high.