Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another thief.....

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    So if this guy were unarmed and you shot him, would this be illegal. Or would you have to worry about getting in trouble with the law.
    It's illegal if you can't convince a jury that you were in fear of losing your life. (Assuming you get charged with an actual crime...)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    You are alive and that is good. If you are going to engage an enemy, you need to do so with overwhelming force, and that, of course, presupposes some knowledge of the enemy's likely capabilities. A handgun is a good tool for many situations, but for a scenario like you mentioned, an AR-15 or a shotgun combined with cover, would probably have been a better tool. It turned out to be one guy that may or may not have been armed. How would it have been to pull out a Glock G43 or a Shield and confront the guy only to find out there were 4 or 5 armed guys. Bottom line you are alive. Don't second guess yourself too much. Something like this could have gone down a number of ways.
    Bingo.

You are alive and that cannot be overstated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    So if this guy were unarmed and you shot him, would this be illegal. Or would you have to worry about getting in trouble with the law.
    I'd suggest a cwp class. They help explain alot of the laws and scenarios. We have a couple on here. I can vouch for SwampRat. David is good people

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    he'd have two rounds left after killing 5 of them?
    Nine, after a magazine exchange.

Crazy stuff. I've been locking my stuff up extra tight since yesterday. The fair is in town & thieving seems to peek when it is.

From what I’ve heard, at any point if you are in fear for your life (and especially on your own property), you have the right to defend yourself.

So if I would have walked up to him with my gun, and he charged at me, I would have had the right to shoot him.

If I shot him just because he was on my property and I didn’t have reasonable fear for my life, you might have some trouble with the law.

IF you carry any handgun, you better be carrying an extra speedloader, or a mag or two. Uncommon sense dictates this.

Glad you are OK.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Hate this for you. I had my truck broken into last week. It sucks hope they catch the guy.
    there is not a thing wrong with 3 woodies a day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    . How would it have been to pull out a Glock G43 or a Shield and confront the guy only to find out there were 4 or 5 armed guys. .
    His friends might have got me in a rush, but not before I made his head into a canoe.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    His friends might have got me in a rush, but not before I made his head into a canoe.
    YES.....back up now....he aint bluffin
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

If he has arms he is armed.

Ain't no boat motor or big screen worth getting killed over. The POS will get caught sooner or later. If he would of shot the guy and the guy didn't have a gun. Clemsontider will be convicted of manslaughter. The crooks,methheads,and drug dealers have more rights to commit the crimes,than we have to defend our property.

Just shoot em & throw their ass in a ditch. No one will miss em & no one will call the law because they figure he just got GOT!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...our criminal laws are out of whack when we're sending drug offenders to prison for years and years and guys like this thief get multiple chances before they get hammered

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    If he would of shot the guy and the guy didn't have a gun. Clemsontider will be convicted of manslaughter.
    Not true. If he shot the back of the car as it was driving off, then yeah probably so. But if he shot him in his house and he felt threatened he wouldn't be charged regardless if the thief had a gun or not.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Not true. If he shot the back of the car as it was driving off, then yeah probably so. But if he shot him in his house and he felt threatened he wouldn't be charged regardless if the thief had a gun or not.
    "a man's house is his castle"

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    IF you carry any handgun, you better be carrying an extra speedloader, or a mag or two. Uncommon sense dictates this.

Glad you are OK.
    Especially a low capacity weapon like a G43 or a 1911

I have paid for some pretty high speed training and to a man all of them want their pistoleros to carry at least one extra mag. Reason?? Mag malfunction and/or mag related jams happen more often than most folks want to believe. ( even with Glocks.). Not to mention the obvious fact that running out of ammo would suck.

My response to the comment about low capacity guns- in a gunfight, ONLY HITS COUNT!!! Accuracy beats "firepower" every time.

Make it a habit.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I have paid for some pretty high speed training and to a man all of them want their pistoleros to carry at least one extra mag. Reason?? Mag malfunction and/or mag related jams happen more often than most folks want to believe. ( even with Glocks.). Not to mention the obvious fact that running out of ammo would suck.

My response to the comment about low capacity guns- in a gunfight, ONLY HITS COUNT!!! Accuracy beats "firepower" every time.

Make it a habit.
    Lolz...I had to take a shot at your 1911. Forgive me.

You need to be able to articulate that you were in fear for your life or "great bodily injury".

Great bodily injury = an injury that creates a substantial risk of death or which causes serious permanent disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen