Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USuC v Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Just saw where Oregon State has fired their coach. Or have decided to part way as the president stated it.

Not that they should be in the same league as UT as far as a hire, but when one school starts searching for coaches, others tend to follow suit.
    Coach of Oregon state told the school to keep his remaining salary of 12mil. Head scratcher for sure, but that could lead them into finding a better replacement with more money to take to the table.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    Coach of Oregon state told the school to keep his remaining salary of 12mil. Head scratcher for sure, but that could lead them into finding a better replacement with more money to take to the table.
    He must have banged someone he shouldn’t have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petrino and Strong like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Petrino and Strong like.

I don’t remember Strong getting in trouble?

https://www.si.com/college-football/...rce-case-texas

"some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Tennessee really screwed the pooch when they fired fulmer. They could have waited. They went with a loud mouth immature kiffin and it's been downhill since.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

I think Kiffin would have won at UT. The Real USC job was to good to turn down but that was a no win situation except for the salary. The Dooley and Jones hire were baffling for a program like UT.

Tennessee has the $$ to throw at Gary Paterson to make him seriously consider the move. They have to hire someone that can "run" a program and has a proven track record at a P5 school. They can't take another chance with some up and coming coordinator or HC at a non P-5 school.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    Tennessee has the $$ to throw at Gary Paterson to make him seriously consider the move. They have to hire someone that can "run" a program and has a proven track record at a P5 school. They can't take another chance with some up and coming coordinator or HC at a non P-5 school.
    I agree with all of that, but what established P5 coach is going to wade into that dumpster fire? The fire at UT has a nice bed of coals that is going to burn for a while. As stated before, Butch did not start the fire. Dooley, Kiffin and Fulmer all had a part in it. Its going to take a while to get it out. Sounds like they need leadership. Unfortunately, when the fire is burning, the Big money donors think they have more input than they should. They are successful business people for the most part so they think they are experts at everything. When you have that many hands in the cookie jar, stupid shit happens. I heard they have a new AD, hopefully he can keep the wolves at bay.

Its gonna be messy.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    I agree with all of that, but what established P5 coach is going to wade into that dumpster fire? The fire at UT has a nice bed of coals that is going to burn for a while. As stated before, Butch did not start the fire. Dooley, Kiffin and Fulmer all had a part in it. Its going to take a while to get it out. Sounds like they need leadership. Unfortunately, when the fire is burning, the Big money donors think they have more input than they should. They are successful business people for the most part so they think they are experts at everything. When you have that many hands in the cookie jar, stupid shit happens. I heard they have a new AD, hopefully he can keep the wolves at bay.

Its gonna be messy.
    Spot on

I do think Fulmer got railroaded however I remember what Woody Hayes said MANY years ago when the OSU boosters wanted to buy him a new Cadillac. "Yea they buy you a new car this year and the next year they give you a gas can full of gas to get the HELL OUT OF TOWN"

They might go with Les Miles to get everything back above water, then by then there'll be somebody out there that they can get for another level. I think Scott Frost, the guy from Memphis, and the Chad are going to be hot commodities this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    Yeah I saw that this morning as well.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    He must have banged someone he shouldn’t have
    Yeah I'd say he got caught doing something. How many people you think they have scouring Butch's life right now? I guarantee you if nothing else some boosters are looking hard for something.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Mike Leach would be a good hire
    That guy is out there....

Default USuC v Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post

Its gonna be messy.
    Tennessee is actually in decent shape. They are just not winning. That is Butch’’s only weakness and it matters. The roster is still 2nd at worst in the east and money, facilities, and grades are a non issue. Butch just sucks at Xs and Os.

Last edited by led0321; 10-10-2017 at 10:07 AM.

When Butch took over they had a 5th year senior walk on with a torn acl starting at Lt.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Tennessee is actually in decent shape. They are just not winning. That is Butch’’s only weakness and it matters. The roster is still 2nd at worst in the east and money, facilities, and grades are a non issue. Butch just sucks at Xs and Os.

Horrible gameday coach...He was what was needed in Knoxville after the Kiffen/Dooley Project, but has gone as far as his skillset and pride will allow him to go. His refusal to hire competent coordinators will prove to be his death sentence. Highest offensive production in the history of the Vols last year coupled with one of the worst defensive showings ever and what does he do with staff?? Retains the DC and fires the OC....what has been proven is this: Dobbs was a helluva lot better athlete than he received credit for and bailed Butch's ass out of a lot of incompetence the last couple of years.

Champ is on that same road if he continues to hitch his wagon to Roper, but honestly that would suit me just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Horrible gameday coach...He was what was needed in Knoxville after the Kiffen/Dooley Project, but has gone as far as his skillset and pride will allow him to go. His refusal to hire competent coordinators will prove to be his death sentence. Highest offensive production in the history of the Vols last year coupled with one of the worst defensive showings ever and what does he do with staff?? Retains the DC and fires the OC....what has been proven is this: Dobbs was a helluva lot better athlete than he received credit for and bailed Butch's ass out of a lot of incompetence the last couple of years.

Champ is on that same road if he continues to hitch his wagon to Roper, but honestly that would suit me just fine.
    Exactly

Meant to add earlier....

Talent is there. Butch's classes consist of 4 top 15 classes...two of which are top 5. Talent is certainly inplace now and is also committed there next couple of years as well, provided a change is made quickly enough to keep the recruits fired up. What is lacking is leadership and direction...I equate it to having all six cans but missing the little plastic ting-um to keep them all from rolling around the back of the truck.

UT is a top 10 college job whether the house Coots want to admit it or not...championships/hardware, tradition, stadium/facilities, fans, and all the revenue/booster support in the world. Time to open up the purse strings and capitalize on it.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 10-10-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Dormady just quit....