Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vasectomy

Default Vasectomy

Going in Friday morning for the snip snip. What’s the skinny for those who have had it done? I ain’t looking forward to it one bit, as no one prolly ever has.... plus I just spent a week in the hospital for pancreatitis, so I’m just begging for pain and punishment.... but it’s scheduled and paid for, so I’m going through with it.

The smell is the worst part. The doctor and I talked throughout the procedure. It was a piece of cake. Day 2 of the recovery was a little uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Lynchmob; 10-04-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Please tell me you're not doing it awake...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-04-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Take that pill. Don't go in there thinking they're going to knock you out, you're awake. Wide ass awake if you don't take that pill and get a shot in your balls. It does not feel like a bee sting no matter what that doctor or nurse says.

And jump around now, just for fun, even if you don't like jumping. Because you're not going to want to do that for a while.

Feel for you on the pancreatitis, been there, done that. It caused my divorce from beer and likka.

Can't help on the other one.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Not having to worry about getting the old lady knocked up is well worth it.

Just do what the doctor tells you to post surgery, to the friggin letter. Keep some frozen vegetables on you junk to keep swelling down, take your pain meds, don't take a bath and TAKE IT EASY for a few days, maybe even a week or so afterwards. You're gonna think "I'm feeling good, I'm gonna go rake the yard, or put down some flooring" (like I did) and your nuggets will be even more swole than they were before.

Last edited by willyworm; 10-04-2017 at 05:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Ain't no cotton picking way that feller was cutting on me awake. I got knocked the hell out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They make pills, creams, patches and plugs for the lady.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Do not go turkey hunting the next day. Axe me how I know. Serious as I can be, get in front of a TV and stay there and ice down for as long as the doc says. I learned what a 2 week long kick in the nuts felt like because I thought** I was good to go. I was not good to go. Good luck man.

Nothing to it. Just do what the doctor says and enjoy some beer afterwards.
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Three big valiums and a shot in the sack. I felt bad for the nurse who had to manscape me.What a job. Didnt really hurt after about two days. Have it tatooed " For entertainment purposes only". You know, like the education lottery.

Got it done, went and had Chinese buffet on the way home, but didn't remember much about the meal.

Chilled that evening with 2 rotating bags of peas. The next day I relaxed around the house. The day after that, I took my boat out about 35 miles and regretted that decision.

The 3rd day? I called in sick to work. I could barely freakin' walk.

4th was pretty much fine and back to work.

Take all the pills they'll give you.

And, yes, the smell and sounds of your flesh burning is the worst part.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    And jump around now, just for fun, even if you don't like jumping. Because you're not going to want to do that for a while.
    That’s funny! Might go do some back flips in yard just cause I can

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Feel for you on the pancreatitis, been there, done that. It caused my divorce from beer and likka.

Can't help on the other one.
    To many years of beer drankin put me in that predicament as well. I’ve been sober a month now and never plan to pick up another beer in my life. I’m 36 years old by the way. That was some serious pain!! I thought I was dying. Rough shit. Hopefully the vasectomy is way less painful. Thanks for the reply’s fellas! Keep um comin

Bunch a pussies.....

Didn’t take no dang pill and went by and checked on the crews before I went home. Drove myself there and back by myself.

I promise you have been kicked in the nuts and it felt a lot worse than what it will when the doctor numbs it.
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 10-04-2017 at 05:43 PM.

I don't get numb with normal anesthesia and I felt every bit of it. Hurt like hell. Luckily it was over quickly. Recovery was easy b/c I listened to the take it easy part. I had it on Friday morning, lounged the weekend, back to work Monday with only slight discomfort sitting all day.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Please tell me you're not doing it awake...

Why not... the lidocaine shot is the worst part. It is a really simple procedure.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    I don't get numb with normal anesthesia and I felt every bit of it. Hurt like hell. Luckily it was over quickly. Recovery was easy b/c I listened to the take it easy part. I had it on Friday morning, lounged the weekend, back to work Monday with only slight discomfort sitting all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    Why not... the lidocaine shot is the worst part. It is a really simple procedure.
    The above is why. I told doc I didn't want to smell it, didn't want to feel it, didn't want to hear it. No thanks.

Guess what...I got my wish and I'm happy. I ain't any less sterile cause I went under for the surgery.

Last edited by willyworm; 10-04-2017 at 06:50 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had to wear a jock strap for 3 months afterwards. I told my wife that it was the worst mistake I had ever made. It finally settled down in month 4 and I am glad I had it done now. Do exactly what the doctor tells you afterwards! Keep them iced down and don't do shit for a few days.