Thread: Pure Gold Choke Tubes

I bought one of these. The guy that owns the company says that the waterfowl modified is the one you want. He says it is comparable to a light mod. for lead.

I measured off 25 yards at the house and fired a #2 Nitro Steel into a pattern target of a duck. Then I marked and counted each pellet in the kill zone and then the ones in the legs and feet and then the misses.
    49 pellets center mass, 3 to neck and bill and 19 to wings and legs. There were 79 misses outside the taget but on the paper.

I put the Beretta Factory mod. tube in and shot the same load at the same distance.

31 pellets went center mass, 17 to wings and legs and 102 outside the target but still on the paper.

There are 153 pellets in the shell I cut open.
    I'll see when duck season comes around how it really works but preliminary results are good.

Did you try a factory mod improved? It's a little tighter than mod. You'd probably get the same results. Contriction is constriction no matter who makes it. Did you know that choke was probably made by briley for pure gold? Also you could put that choke in a different gun and get different results. Glad to see you put the effert in patterning your loads to gun but I hate to see people waste their money on fancy chokes when the cheaper ones will do the same thing. It makes me sick when guys spend $75 plus on pattern master for an improved cyl. when they probably got one with their gun.
    Breaking clays<br />makes my day,<br />but eating skeet<br />ain\'t no treat.

I've got a Pattern master in 2 of my guns and love them. There not the same as as standard chokes,I seen it on paper. As for the Pure Gold I can't say.
    80-20 Genaration

I have a Pure Gold extended/ported tube in my Super X2 and it shoots Hevishot VERY well.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Pure Gold makes their own chokes. They have no connection to Briley. They patterns lead very good, not sure on steel though. I know a lot of sporting shooter that shoot them and they do very well with them on some long targets.