Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best 2005 1/2 ton pickup??

It's time to fess up, fellerz. WHatddya like? if you are a die-hard truck owner, you'd better be able to defend your decision, cuz I've heard it all..
    At least I'm housebroken.

Put the new 3/4 ton Dodge Power Wagon in there and you will have something to vote on. And then give me $40K to go get one.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I'm partial to a diesel so now of them for me. But I would say the dodge 2500 with the cummins 360 H.O. This is an excellant truck with one fault, do not buy it with auto trans. It just won't hold up if you are gonna be towing alot of weight all the time. On the other hand get it with the 6 speed and its pretty damn ballsy!
    Good to talk, see you out there!

Chevy 2500HD diesel...I don't need a reason!!!!
    Please change the limit to three ducks. Thank you, jeff

Gawd Dammit, I said "1/2" ton! Anymore talk about 3/4 an 1 ton is gonna make me mayad!

not on the list is the best truck ; the Toyota Tundra . main reason is that Toyotas are RELIABLE , RELIABLE , RELIABLE . heard they are coming out with a diesel engine in the next year or two. just my .02 .

I like my gmc 1500 Quad Cab, but now have a toyota as well to hunt out of .
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Nitz, why did you leave out the Tundra? I myself wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with another GM product.

Just my .02

Anything other than normal maint. on a Dodge has to come from the dealer...go figure.

Toyota Tundra...badass 7/8 1/2 ton truck.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

Life starts at 3/4 ton.

Don't know what the best 1/2 ton is, but we just got the Durango with the hemi. Would love to have that motor in a lighter pickup. Has anyone got one of the Dodge trucks with the Hemi? How do you like it?

"Roger" that FW.

1/2 ton is ok....

But if you ever want to "SNATCH HELL OFF IT'S HINGES"....
    3/4 IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO BABY!
    \"BANG BANG...Wish they\'d give me some bullets for this gun!\"....Joey from \"Shane\"

2500 HD w/ Duramax -

It'll tote your 1/2 ton to the wood shed!!!!!

(17-20 mpg too!)
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

36 members have voted and SC Ducks has over 1500 members! [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img] That must mean alot you silly sumbitches are walkin or drivin a sissy ass SUV!! [img]graemlins/biggrinman.gif[/img]

Either way, as I expected CHevy/GMC votes are way over anything else. Of course I am trying to find out what truly IS the best truck. I haven't tested a new Silverado, Ford, or a Dodge but I have tested the Nissan Titan and liked it.... ALOT! That said, tell me why you wouldn't buy one these. It has more hp, more torque, more interior room and will out haul anything else listed in the above choices (according to an Edmunds Road Test). Not that it's important but it will smoke everything (stock)off the the line and in the quarter-mile. I didn't like some of the interior quality on the dash. For instance, Ford has a nicer more "polished" dash. THe Nissan looked kinda plasticky (to quote a review I read).

Anyway, throw me bone and let me know why you like a CHevy or a Ford or a Dodge or a Nice-un. I am looking to get rid of my Dodge 2001 Quad Cab 4X4 and I certainly need a more reliable truck. My Dodge has had way to many things go wrong with it for me to warrant keeping it around and keep it up, so I am cutting my losses and startin' over. The Nice-un has a 10 year, 100,000 mile wtty, which for an extra 1200 bucks is a huge consideration. Hit Me!!

[img]graemlins/crazyquail.gif[/img]

Like I said before . Toyota , Toyota , Toyota . If you want the best , don't settle for less .

yes the Titan is a powerhouse, but Nissan's in general just don't have a quality "feel". Toyota is always an option, that is unless you need to tow something bigger than a lawnmower. I don't trust construction of Ford, Chevy and Dodge; not for the money at least.
    Nitz, the perfect truck aint out there... believe me I have looked.

If you want comfort and resale go with the GMC. The Fords look good on the outside and I love the deep bed, but they are still cheap looking on the inside. The Titans are bad ass power houses, but it felt like I was sitting on a stump.
    I went with the GMC 1500 Crew Cab. I love it. Plent of room inside and more damn buttons and features than you could ever use.(almost too many)
    Downfalls are shorter bed, and it doesn't have quite the giddyup that I would like.
    One thing they all have in common is they are all EXPENSIVE AS HELL!!!!
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

What ever you buy, make sure that sumbitch is made in America. (or at least 51% of it)
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

It will really make a difference if you test drive the trucks...in the past I would say preference...heinz ketchup or hunts....but now....you go drive the two and there shouldn't be any doubt in your mind. For those Name diehards, it doesn't matter. For those looking to get the best ride/power/cockpit/noise reduction....It is easily discernable.

I have an 04 Supercrew 4X4...happy with it. Now, over the next few years, Chevy may catch back up again an rule the roof like they did throughout the 90's...Right now, they are playing catch up.

BTW...did they relocate the engineer that came up with the "BUG EYES" on the Z71 to Alaska? THey should have..that was awful
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Car and Driver 2004 Ultimate Comparisons:

First Place- Nissan Titan SE Crew Cab 4x4

Highs: Big HP, Best approach and departure angles for off-road, big cab space, darn good price.

Lows: Jumpy throttle, non-stop exhaust roar, plasticky-looking interior, hopping ride on LA freeways.

Second Place- Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4x4

Highs: Steve Canyon good looks, classy interior detailing, big cab space, comfortable cruiser.

Lows: Needs to lose weight, cargo flexibility limited by too much stuff on floor in second row, no left-foot rest, parking distance beeper a waste of money.

THe verdict: a suave and handsome leading man

Third Place: Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab w/ HEMI 4x4

Highs: Assertive styling backed by Hemi Muscle, longest and roomiest cargo box, full-time 4 wheel drive, great stowage utilityin cab along with 6 passenger capacity.

Lows: Feels bulky, a long climb up to the cab, rough ride, back seat tighter than others, big price.

Verdict: THe word "truck" brought to life.

Fourth Place: Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4

Highs: A supremely comfortable people mover, first-class ride and handling, tie for best fuel-economy.

Lows: No styling swagger, dash LCDS are unreadable with sunglasses, K-mart shine on fake wood.

Verdict: A sweet truck, which is a problem for some.

Fifth Place: Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab z71 4x4

Highs: EZ controls for 4 wheel drive system, tie for best fuel-economy, XM satellite radio

Lows: Weak Engine, dithering transmission, spine bending seat, big dashboard shoves tasteless design in your face

Verdict: IN this crowd, a has-been.

Now, I don't own any of these but ssome of you may. Like Artdevilish said, he has the Ford and is happy with it. WHat say the rest of you? ANy of you name-buyers have any second-thoughts?

BTW- ADMIN: What's up with the poll numbers? It says 43 have voted but when you look at who voted for what the numbers are all screwed up! Waddup?