Thread: HIV Shotgun site

Has anyone heard that HIV is coming out with a universal magnetic front site that will fit all shotguns?? I have tried to locate one for my Super Black Eagle Benelli 12 ga. but all my local suppliers have not received new orders yet.
    HRCH UH Pathfinders Point Shako Jakeco
    2007 Boykin Spaniel National Field Trial Intermediate Champion
    "The dog that doesn't rock the boat"

HIV or Hi Viz? I want no part of a HIV front sight...
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I'm with you Simple, keep that thing away from my barrel!

SCTIMBER Coots

Man you talk about ruining your action, barrel, and the life of your weapon, keep that HIV shit away Now if you're talking about Hi Viz, nope haven't heard anything about a new front sight

Those high visibility sights do nothing to help your shooting. In fact, a big glowing blob on the end of your sighting plain will take focus away from the target.

If you want some improvement in the shooting department, first make sure your stock is long enough for your length of pull (most shotgun stocks out of the box are not long enough) and second, practice mounting your gun for five minutes a day.

I took a lesson with one of the world's foremost shotgun coaches and when he saw the glowing bead on my buddies new Beretta O/U he stopped the lesson, took out a pair of pliers, and took it off. Moral: A bead of any description is unnecessary. Therefore, a glowing bead is nothing more than an aftermarket gadget designed to seperate a fool and his money.

Also, I have noticed over the past two years that if I practice mounting my gun for a few minutes every day, my scores go up in sporting clays tournaments. What I mean by practicing is mounting the gun on a point where you have focused your eyes. After some practice, the gun should come up smoothly and snug up to your cheek, straight to the spot where you are looking. If this does not happen after a few days of practice, you either have serious flaws in your gun mount mechanics or your gun dimensions are way off.

03/02/07 10:43 a.m. Edited for spelling at Candork's request.

The benelli come with different shems to adjust the stock and how it shoulders. By practicing shoudering the gun, could you tell if there may need to be some changes made by selecting a different shem??
    HRCH UH Pathfinders Point Shako Jakeco
    2007 Boykin Spaniel National Field Trial Intermediate Champion
    "The dog that doesn't rock the boat"

The only situation where those sights are helpful is when shooting at a stationary target - like a turkey - for wingshooting they are useless and a distraction - damn, I think I just agreed with fish!
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

I love when people say "I can't believe I just agreed with Fish".

It's like saying "Reluctantly, I conceed that sometimes during daylight hours when there are no clouds...the sky is blue". I'm right about EVERYTHING.

[img]graemlins/devil-flip.gif[/img]

I don't even have bead on my duck gun. I find it easier to focus on the target without it.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

I agree with Fish too. It took me learning the hard way because I have one of those sights for a super black eagle. I've got the front and adjustable rear. All of the parts are in a ziplock bag sitting on a shelf. A while back someone told me about the same thing in Fish's post and I took the sight off and started shooting better just by practicing more. I bought it for turkeys and didn't like it. Just give me a front bead and the small brass bead a little further back. If you are still interested in getting one of those sights after reading these posts, PM me. I never use mine.

WTF is a "sighting plain"? Is that like in "plain sight" or is it just a "plain old sight"? [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img] lol
    At least I'm housebroken.

Don't you worry about that terminology. Fluffers don't need to know anything about shotguns. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Is it still too cold to fish?
    At least I'm housebroken.

Too cold? I should think not. It was 85 degrees yesterday.