Thread: Snake Boots

Anyone have these...?

I've had a pair of Lacrosse lace up for years and worked superbly, just thought of trying a new style. Alan has these listed over @ Clothing World for $20 less than Cabelas and after shipping, that equates to a boot that's $30-35 less.

I have a pair of Rocky snake boots that I've had for several years and they are still holding up nicely. I paid $85 for them years ago...not sure how much they go for today?
    The Tiger who does not prowl is a potential rug.

that is a damn good looking boot, ive always wore the rockys b/c the feel like a pair of air jordans!! But let us all know how the are if you get them!!

This should be in the Product Forum...
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

Yep I have the snake boots and a waterproof 1000 gram insulate pair I bought back in Dec. Wore them on a hunt in alabama and love the thinsulates other than they are a little bulky. Have not worn the snake boots yet.

alabama

louisiana

sc

damn, sprig. you need to take me more often.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I've worn rockies before and I liked those a lot. But I got lucky this year and got a pair of Russel Moccassin snake boots for free from a buddy that bought em and barely wore them and ended up out growin them. They are probably the most comfortable pair of shoes in general I've ever put on. Their a lil pricey from what I saw on the website but after this pair I don't think I'll ever get a different boot.

www.russellmoccasin.com
    i like my bitch blonde and wet ... with my duck in her mouth.

SCTIMBER Coots

Never tried em' but I've always just worn a pair of gaiters, every boot I've ever tried never seemed to fit right or seemed bulky, and chaps are too damn hot. Gaiters are easy on and off protection to the knee, and when you get in a bad briar patch you can take em off and cover your arms when you are trying to make a hole for yourself.

I had the Rocky Pro Hunters but they leaked by the first week. This was from wet grass and leaves, not puddles mind you. I took them back to clothing world and got to talking to the owner. He told me he gets back a pair or two of Rockys each week with leaks. He highly recommended the Danners.

I've had the same pair of original Rocky Corn Stalkers since 1995 . I had to get the soles replaced once and they are still as comfortable and waterproof as they 12 years ago when I got them .
    I think Rocky makes the best boot for the money IMHO .

I have the Rocky Outbacks and love 'em...
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Cant remember if it is ace or true value, but the one in moncks corner had the danner coveys for $150 last august. I looked every where else and they were $199. The girl told me it was the same price the year before too and not a special sale. They are light, have goretex and were the easiest for me to get my feet into.

I upgraded last summer to the Danner Pronhorn lace up. I have them enjoyed so far. It doesnt matter how good they are cause when you where them every day for 6 months staright, they are gonna wear out.

The Danners were only water proof for 4 months.

I can flat wear out any boot in a year. I dont care how good they are....
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Anyone here ever "tested" their snake boots?

I wear mine religiously, but dont have too much faith in them for some reason. I dont think I realy want to find out either!

SCTIMBER Coots

the sides on a reg. pair of leather danner boots are tough, had a small copperhead strike the side of my boot when I was crossing a ditch on a tract we were cruising, I stepped up on the bank of dirt side ways and it hit my boot but didn't strike hard