Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: tags must be "in your possession"?

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    What do we have to do to get this changed. I agree they also need to be wider like the Midwest tags.

We have to "peacefully" protest...

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    The real fuking question is can I put my tags around the base of a gooduns horn like they do in the BADASS western states... or do I have to put them on their back leg, cause that gay.
    Yeah, but they put them on with electrical tape and these folks don't even want to carry the tag, much less a roll of tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    If there is a big bloody doe without a tag on it in my camp and the warden stops me on the way back from the stand, he's going to charge me with possession of an untagged deer, even though it's not "on my person".

If the warden finds a dozen dead ducks in your boat even though you are standing 200 yards away, you're going to be charged with possession of ducks over the limit.
    In court it still has to been proven you had possession of legal game, dope, gun, etc at one time. If stopped without hunting license or tags in possession you are guilty. You can leave your driver license, cwp registration and proof of insurance at home but if pulled they are not in your possession.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    In court it still has to been proven you had possession of legal game, dope, gun, etc at one time. If stopped without hunting license or tags in possession you are guilty. You can leave your driver license, cwp registration and proof of insurance at home but if pulled they are not in your possession.

By that logic they would have to prove I was deer hunting and actually needed the tags in the first place.

Yeah, that would be diffcult.

I'm sure it wouldn't be, but in order for you to be found guilty of not being in possession of something, it's only logical that the government must first define what constitutes possession of said item. Yes, I realize I just used logical and government in the same sentence.
    Last edited by wskinner; 08-21-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thms85 View Post
    Ok I have a new question. We have buck and doe tags for the club, so I cant use my tags on the club. Do I still need to carry my tags when hunting on the club?
    NO
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Do club tags look different than personal tags?

Asking for a friend..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

We need tags for deer huntin'? WTH? Since when?
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

SECTION 50-9-50. Possession on person of license, permit, tag, or stamp; violations.

Licenses, permits, tags, and stamps issued pursuant to this title must be carried on the person while exercising the privileges of the license, permit, tag, or stamp, and the person shall produce the license, permit, tag, or stamp to a law enforcement officer upon demand. A person who has been issued a license, permit, tag, or stamp but who fails to keep it in possession while exercising the privileges granted under it is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than fifty nor more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned not more than thirty days.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    By that logic they would have to prove I was deer hunting and actually needed the tags in the first place.
    True, especially if you carry around that 7MM mag for personal protection while bird watching in the woods in Camo with a blaze orange hat.
    Makes perfect sense.
    William Gettys Smart
    1830-1906
    Company A
    49th NC Infantry
    CSA

Remember....

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=12958647

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    I have them in my hunting bag. That easy.
    I bet that's a purdy manpurse you have.

text from my brother-in-law

" **** had DNR check him last week and DNR gave him a written warning for not having his tags (buck and doe) on his person. "

Quote Originally Posted by busch doctor View Post
    SECTION 50-9-50. Possession on person of license, permit, tag, or stamp; violations.

Licenses, permits, tags, and stamps issued pursuant to this title must be carried on the person while exercising the privileges of the license, permit, tag, or stamp, and the person shall produce the license, permit, tag, or stamp to a law enforcement officer upon demand. A person who has been issued a license, permit, tag, or stamp but who fails to keep it in possession while exercising the privileges granted under it is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than fifty nor more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned not more than thirty days.

Thank you sir, end thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmart View Post
    True, especially if you carry around that 7MM mag for personal protection while bird watching in the woods in Camo with a blaze orange hat.
    Makes perfect sense.

Ever heard of hog hunting?

I deer hunt naked with a pointed stick, where am I supposed to keep my tags?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    im sure someone will tell you in a minute

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    They call it "keistering" in prison. I bet the game warden will simply take your word for it the next time you get checked.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I'm sure it wouldn't be, but in order for you to be found guilty of not being in possession of something, it's only logical that the government must first define what constitutes possession of said item. Yes, I realize I just used logical and government in the same sentence.
    Having watched cops a few times, I am pretty sure that in my car is in my possession.

The law does not say in your possession, it says on your person.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.