Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tags must be "in your possession"?

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I'm glad you have all the free time in the world to fight some bullshit like that. How hard it is to carry a tag. Can't fix stupid.
    People not standing up for themselves is why we have a militarized police force in America. The founding fathers would not stand for it! This aggression will not stand!

Its a dagum abomination to our democracy that we have such egregious laws that law enforcement can nefariously write such knitpicky citations. That clearly crosses the line of law enforcements necessity.

When the game warden points out it on the back of the tags issued and the statue you will have wasted your time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bigtimber2; 08-21-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post

Thank goodness ill have a jury of my peers to prove my point! Period....end of discussion. #principles

What constitutes "in possession"? While on your person is one way to be in possession, is it the only way? And where, if anywhere, on any of the previously mentioned game law sources does it define "possession"? How do the other SC statutes define possession?
    Last edited by wskinner; 08-21-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Says it on page 8 of "The Bible".

License in Possession
    All licenses, permits, stamps and tags must be
    in possession of license holder while engaging
    in activities for which license documents were
    issued. Identification indicating name and address
    must also be in possession of privilege
    holder. Persons hunting on their own lands
    are required to have all applicable licenses,
    permits, stamps or tags in their possession.

That still doesn't define possession. Does that mean on your person, or in your truck, or in your "fanny pack"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    That's cute that you found that "online". When I go for my court date I will be presenting the "official state regulations guide" to the magistrate for them and the charging warden to show me where it says I must have the tags on my possession. I don't care what the interweb says, the paper manual is the "Bible" of hunting and fishing rules.
    Give me the GPS coordinates to your stand the next time you go and I'll see can't I help you get that court date. Then you can get us the right answer.
    Last edited by SCHUNTINFANATIC; 08-21-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    That still doesn't define possession. Does that mean on your person, or in your truck, or in your "fanny pack"?
    You can take that up with "The Man", but chances are, you will be leaving with less of your "possessions" when it's over. For arguments sake, let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    What constitutes "in possession"? While on your person is one way to be in possession, is it the only way? And where, if anywhere, on any of the previously mentioned game law sources does it define "possession"? How do the other SC statutes define possession?
    I was looking at state statutes earlier for drug laws, looking where a court had decided what "possession" means...there may be no case law on it, but I figure there has to be somewhere. I agree with the early statement that if you had dope in your truck, although you are not physically in the truck you could be charged with possession.
    Last edited by scswamprat; 08-21-2017 at 02:22 PM.

I'm with you, I'm just wondering who really knows?

What about night hunting? Do the tags expire at midnight or are they good until the next sunrise?

^good question, really.

If there is a big bloody doe without a tag on it in my camp and the warden stops me on the way back from the stand, he's going to charge me with possession of an untagged deer, even though it's not "on my person".

If the warden finds a dozen dead ducks in your boat even though you are standing 200 yards away, you're going to be charged with possession of ducks over the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    If there is a big bloody doe without a tag on it in my camp and the warden stops me on the way back from the stand, he's going to charge me with possession of an untagged deer, even though it's not "on my person".

If the warden finds a dozen dead ducks in your boat even though you are standing 200 yards away, you're going to be charged with possession of ducks over the limit.
    agreed

Fight the good fight ctop.

I have them in my hunting bag. That easy.

The real fuking question is can I put my tags around the base of a gooduns horn like they do in the BADASS western states... or do I have to put them on their back leg, cause that gay.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    The real fuking question is can I put my tags around the base of a gooduns horn like they do in the BADASS western states... or do I have to put them on their back leg, cause that gay.
    What do we have to do to get this changed. I agree they also need to be wider like the Midwest tags.