Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GoDevil surface drive coming.....

GoDevil's new motor is coming - I expect to have one early next week for demo - check out www.godevil.com - thanks, Nab.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

Jumping on the "non-proven bandwagon" I see!

Looks good, can't wait to try it out!!
    Good to talk, see you out there!

Nab, How many diff. sizes will it come in?
    Like the eunuch said to Mussolini \"I haven\'t got one and if I did I wouldn\'t show it to you.\"

23hp, 24hp, 27hp, 31hp and 35hp - thanks, Nab.

I beleive ol Phil Roberson would take a second look at that. Looks good. Keep us 'posted' as to performance.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Yea, a second look when he passes by.

Just heard that my 27hp should be shipping tomorrow! Should have some numbers by this weekend - it will be on an 1838 GD boat for now - thanks, Nab.

Nab, when you can find out, get me some details on the 23hp. Weight, transom height required, cost,...etc
    Thanks
    Like the eunuch said to Mussolini \"I haven\'t got one and if I did I wouldn\'t show it to you.\"

Will do - thanks, Nab.

Nab, I would also like some info on the 23 or 24 hp models. It would be riding on the back of a 14 foot alumacraft. Would these be overkill for such a small boat? Any idea on what type of speed can be achieved with either of these motors? Thanks for any info.
    every expert was once a beginner

That thing running bushings or bearings in the water?
    80-20 Genaration

Info on the 23 & 24 being pm'd.
    Thanks,
    Nab.

Nab, what's up? Don't fell like running off at the mouth! Guess that surface drive is the greatest thing ever! Better than sliced bread. Tell you what I'll do. Next time I go go crow hunting, I'll clean one, cook it, and serve it up so you can "eat crow one more time" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

TD - never said it was the best thing since sliced bread - it's still got alot of proving to be done - and the longtails will never be replaced - they are still areas where they shine and will continue to do so -
    Now how about worry about getting the bugs out of your product - from reading customer comments on the other forums yours has many things to get fixed -
    I'm just letting people know about a new product - not selling them a bunch a marketing bullcrap - I'm not even bragging about it because I personally don't know how it will hold up and how it will perform - when I do and somebody asks I will give my opinion - so the bottom line is you're the one that is eating the crow - worry about getting your stuff fixed - then when and if you ever have some ammo to jump mine then go ahead until then shut up.

Ya know all this bashing from the mud motor crowd is getting really old. One company comes out with something and the other companies follow suit if the new developement proves useful or beneficial. It is the same in any industry. I'm sure it won't be long (if it hasn't happened already) till both Mudbuddy and Godevil try and develope a surface drive mud motor with reverse. Gatortail already has the option and Prodrive (from what I'm told) is testing the idea. Does that mean if the idea is successful and catches on then when MB and GD come out with their own versions that they will both suck and be want-a-be's just b/c they didn't come up with the idea or design first?

All outboard, boat, car, gun, mudmotor, decoy, wader, and other goods manufacturers have their place in this world. It is up to us the consumer to weigh the pro's and con's of each one and decide which is right for us. Having competition from other manufacturers is what drives the products not only to become better but also to be offered at a lower price. So with that being said............

[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] Why can't we all just get along? [img]graemlins/3way.gif[/img]
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Why can't we all just get along?
    mainly because trashduck is an asshole.

NAB, on the other hand, is a good, old, down to earth fellow trying to make a living in a business he enjoys.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

DAMNIT I LOVE 2FER!!!! I still havin't seen where NAB has ever talked shit about something without having proof or good cause. Now these mudbuddy boys they just love to stir shit cause they can't sell nothing!!
    Good to talk, see you out there!

Nab, thanks for the information. There was no call for the instant "jumping on" of you by Trash Duck. I think it is unfortunate that you (a sponsor) can't come in and announce a potentially interesting product without the competition coming in and bad mouthing it out of habit.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

mudbuddys and there mudbuddy boys are both only worth about 2 cents. and i be damned if they wont let u know about it. there just mad cause they dont have a good feller like nab selling them motors and helping them out when something goes wrong.
    \"i bet that thing sure is pretty\"