Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Terrorist in Charlottesville

Fuzzy, I'll politely agree with your point about erasing history. The perspective I think that keeps us from singing the same tune is that I've seen plenty of evidence of history being sanitized to satisfy the white South. If you want to think about that and keep the discussion going, that's up to you. Better understanding of history is what I seek, not your approval.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    I just have one question...

Can I have a few bricks from Ft Sumter when they tear it down to protect the eyes of the easily offended?
    Haha...good to see you over here, jasonw. I was starting to get "jasonw guilt" watching you get pounded in those other threads. Feel free to join the safety of the lynch mob over here and bite my ankles.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I will agree that all races have tried to do what they could do to make their past look better than it actually was.

I think it is a confucius saying that states that war does not determine who is right or wrong, but who lives and dies.

Another saying is, To the victor go the spoils of war. I will add to that, that the victor also get to wright history the way they see it or the way they want it to be recorded.

Our history is full of not just great accomplishments, but also very dark times. We must do everything we can to ensure that all of it is remembered, no matter how much we hate what happened. There is another saying about those that tend to forget the past, have a habit of repeating it.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

So we're getting somewhere, fuzzy. I agree with that as well. When you realize that and you see Robert E. Lee statues and Martin Luther King Blvds in hundreds of small southern towns, it becomes objectively obvious that these aren't really the best teachers of history. They are emotional reactions that represent tenuous perspectives of their times and places. I understand folks perception of me and the "white guilt" thing. Good folks that I like. But it's not much different imo than my thinking Ductape's Constitutional Right to Hunt was ill advised. An ignorant or fearful assumption might be "damn, he obviously doesn't care about hunting." Somebody trying to get a hold of me this September might see evidence to the contrary.

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    Haha...good to see you over here, jasonw. I was starting to get "jasonw guilt" watching you get pounded in those other threads. Feel free to join the safety of the lynch mob over here and bite my ankles.
    Don't feel guilty for me. I'm just toying with those beta-male wannabes. I'm not in any situation that I didn't plan to be in. Is it not apparent yet that I love being the underdog? Joining the "lynch mob" is no fun. Did you interpret my posts as being the one to follow the masses, join up with the mob, and pick on the little guy? If so, you should question your assumptions about me. I'm a trophy hunter. Don't flatter yourself. You aren't big enough game for me.

Now, that being said, it's peculiar to me that you reacted this way to my post. It was not a personal attack on you. But, if you did not get offended so easily, you would see that, between the lines, I raise a point. And that point is "Where do we stop?" I'm asking about the slippery slope. It's just a question. That question doesn't have feelings or emotions, and you can answer it anyway you like.

Once again, I realize you are getting pounded pretty good on this thread, but I think it's pretty obvious that my comments weren't even close to an "attack" on you. Just compare my tone to all others you have encountered on this thread. And you call me out? Hmmmm... Who is attempting to join the Lynch Mob? I think we both know the real answer. You are just trying to turn the spotlight off of yourself because it was getting kind of hot. That's between you and them. I don't have a flag in that fight... Embrace the spotlight. I do... Get past the initial sweat and maybe you will come out with a nice tan. If you are going to be a contrarian like myself, then you can't let the 30+ year old men making "pee pee" jokes get to your core.
    Last edited by jasonw; 08-18-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Keep em close with the hammer cocked.

Two years old but very relevant today.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/o...e-flag-062415/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"lynch mob" ha

sounds racist and offends many I am sure.

all I see is this movement not stopping. none of it. it will keep growing and i think its sad to see people so damn caught up in an emotional past that it consumes not only themselves, but also our society. a past that in no damn way has an impact on the present. NONE. But, some people cant let it be and thus create an emotion that is SO far removed from any of us of what happened all those years ago.

im not going to come on here and "ankle bite" or spend too much time worrying about all of this. I see a defect in the ability of our society to make a rational and non emotional attempt at moving forward without being offended. that will not change. i feel sorry for where our country is headed.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Jasonw....you made me chuckle so I admit that you brought the emotion out in me. Gbelly, I worry about the future of our country. I don't feel like the real problems are being addressed. Nobody is going to give two shits about confederate monuments when we go broke.

Rubberhead

Gbelly, I worry about the future of our country. I don't feel like the real problems are being addressed. Nobody is going to give two shits about confederate monuments when we go broke.

62% from some poll showed that people DO care enough about leaving the monuments alone. cant quote the poll for ya, but i read or heard it somewhere. if the 38% of people who are against them could channel their emotions and interests into a REAL issue, imagine what could be accomplished.

instead it is constant smoke and mirror BS and of course its just easier to complain, whine, and be offended instead of "watching the ball". easy targets.

wasting time, efforts, and emotions while going backwards straight to some place we don't want to be.

Fuzzy, I'll politely agree with your point about erasing history. The perspective I think that keeps us from singing the same tune is that I've seen plenty of evidence of history being sanitized to satisfy the white South. If you want to think about that and keep the discussion going, that's up to you. Better understanding of history is what I seek, not your approval.
    Jasonw....you made me chuckle so I admit that you brought the emotion out in me. Gbelly, I worry about the future of our country. I don't feel like the real problems are being addressed. Nobody is going to give two shits about confederate monuments when we go broke.
    Most of my statements are meant for chuckles. Trying to figure out which ones is the hard part. I got no axes to grind with you.

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    62% from some poll showed that people DO care enough about leaving the monuments alone. cant quote the poll for ya, but i read or heard it somewhere. if the 38% of people who are against them could channel their emotions and interests into a REAL issue, imagine what could be accomplished.

instead it is constant smoke and mirror BS and of course its just easier to complain, whine, and be offended instead of "watching the ball". easy targets.

wasting time, efforts, and emotions while going backwards straight to some place we don't want to be.
    G, I'll admit we are converging to the same place as well. The reason I poke at Sportin, Tooth and what not is I think the echo chamber gets a little blind to the same behavior from "both sides" if there is such a thing. It's like some celebrity leftist tweeted this week. "If you throw a party and some neo Nazi's show up, you might want to do a little self reflection." While I'm no lefty (contrary to popular SCDUCKS belief), when lefty makes a valid point, POTUS supporters don't need to react with "but what about Antifa". That's just my opinion and I'm fine with taking the heat for it.

Rubberhead

thoughts?

NOTE: the Narrator is a definite hack as she uses key words like "new world order" and "global elite." But listen to the police officer, and then put the pieces in place with those involved.......

the mayor

the organizer

the "witness"

source article

http://truthuncensored.net/charlotte...ace-war-video/
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

K
    G, I'll admit we are converging to the same place as well. The reason I poke at Sportin, Tooth and what not is I think the echo chamber gets a little blind to the same behavior from "both sides" if there is such a thing. It's like some celebrity leftist tweeted this week. "If you throw a party and some neo Nazi's show up, you might want to do a little self reflection." While I'm no lefty (contrary to popular SCDUCKS belief), when lefty makes a valid point, POTUS supporters don't need to react with "but what about Antifa". That's just my opinion and I'm fine with taking the heat for it.
    Why shouldn't people point out the involvement of groups like antifa? They are just as damn hateful and racist as the goons marching around with mosquito torches. Racism exists with whites and blacks. People just don't want to admit it exists on one side because it doesn't cater to their narrative. Both groups need to be called out for their involvement in Charlotsville because both sides of the coin were involved in the brawls and civil disobedience. Just like the numerous times black groups have looted cities and burned down city blocks in the name of "black" something or another. If people want racism to go away then quit talking about it all the time and making everything a "black" thing or a "white" thing. Stupidity exists in all skin colors. Sometimes we just need to call it what it is. Two groups of fucking idiots that need to learn how to behave and act civilized around others whom they don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Two groups of fucking idiots that need to learn how to behave and act civilized around others whom they don't agree with.
    That seems to have worked well for you...

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    K

Why shouldn't people point out the involvement of groups like antifa? They are just as damn hateful and racist as the goons marching around with mosquito torches. Racism exists with whites and blacks. People just don't want to admit it exists on one side because it doesn't cater to their narrative. Both groups need to be called out for their involvement in Charlotsville because both sides of the coin were involved in the brawls and civil disobedience. Just like the numerous times black groups have looted cities and burned down city blocks in the name of "black" something or another. If people want racism to go away then quit talking about it all the time and making everything a "black" thing or a "white" thing. Stupidity exists in all skin colors. Sometimes we just need to call it what it is. Two groups of fucking idiots that need to learn how to behave and act civilized around others whom they don't agree with.
    Well, they should be called out. But doing it as a response when one protester who thinks they support you murders another that does not? If the context there is lost on you I'm probably not the guy to explain it.

Rubberhead

Well, they should be called out. But doing it as a response when one protester who thinks they support you murders another that does not? If the context there is lost on you I'm probably not the guy to explain it.
    It's a simple response to a double standard. It takes two sides to fight. Both sides were wrong. If you can't understand that...you either don't want to, or you just can't think rationally when overcome with emotion.
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 08-18-2017 at 02:47 PM.

emotions and knee jerk reactions

its why we are, where we are...

Just another update. The turtle is still doing well.

I do however regret to inform some of you that the horse is dead.