Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorist in Charlottesville

What a fucked up thing to do to a turtle. I mean, ANY paint on a turtle is bad.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    Toofer, I deserve a beating for the misuse of your/you're, but I'm busy and type fast and have typos all over the f'ing place. I don't spend hours a day in here as it doesn't matter to me that much.

To address the general sentiment against my point over the last several posts. I have more confederate heritage than most of you fuckers combined. I'm fortunate with the opportunity to evaluate in pretty specific terms. The modern indoctrinated southern white male (in general) might be the whiniest hypocrite walking around right now. I don't think Trump is a racist. I think Trump is a narcissist and he will defend anyone that supports him. I think that's a disaster for folks that want to shrink and improve our federal government. I think the non extremists are the ones that should be honest and face the hard truths. I don't expect a mixed up kid to act rational, regardless of what point they are trying to protest. I do expect a Republican president to. And when it comes to things like the SC flying the flag at the Statehouse or the dozens of confederate monuments yada yada yada, it doesn't matter to me. However, it matters to my neighbors children and it matters to Catherine Templeton, Ductape's Jesus, Sportin Wood etc. To tell a child who lost her mother to a dumb fuck with a dumb flag that she should not let history be erased so the southern white folks don't have to face up to the racism that exists in our heritage is very definition of cowardice imho. Monuments and flags teach history about as good as memes on social media.
    Okay you answered my question. You're okay with letting anything, literally anything bc an espn fantasy draft was accused of this, that offends this group of incompetent idiots be taken away because it "represents hate."

But just so we're clear, when I look at those monuments I don't think of a person that was racist. I think of someone who stood up to the government when their rights as a US Citizen were getting trampled. To me these monuments serve as a reminder of what can happen when a government gets too strong, much like revolutionary war monuments.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I once found a box turkle who had the number 69 naturally on his side as clear as if he worked for the Wood Brothers or someone.

I think people like turtles because they're slow so they feel pitty for them, maybe think theyre harmless. Well, theyre vicious as hell. Nature isnt for the weak.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 08-17-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Those boogers will eat all cold eyed like.

I think turtles are lovers, not fighters. Every time I've been to the zoo those big tortoises are humping. And I have to make up some story for my kids about how he's just helping to the push the slow one out of his way.

They make a really funny noise when they are pushing each other btw.

Till some turtle rapes and kills you and your family, and then takes over America...you fucking liberal!
    Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I think turtles are lovers, not fighters. Every time I've been to the zoo those big tortoises are humping. And I have to make up some story for my kids about how he's just helping to the push the slow one out of his way.

They make a really funny noise when they are pushing each other btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Just so I'm clear, you're stating that since the skinheads are chanting his name, he must go? Similar to the skinheads waving a Confederate, it must go? So you are saying that by being "Trump" supporters and chanting his name they have now symbolized the man as a symbol hate?
    we share more than a zip code....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Thank you for proving my point Glenn. This guy is a vet, if any one knows, he should know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Turtle gonna turt. Always.

i bet he doesnt call that cat, but something like "feline" so he sounds all smart.

Stripa--its not about who has the most "heritage." (or about who has the most compassion, bc I am eat up with it). I think many are asking "when does it end?" While I have compassion for the child who lost her mother, I dont think the proper answer is to condemn the flag. I dont have to sell that philosophy to myself, because I dont give a shit, but i DO feel obligated to explain to those that "hate" the flag with more conviction than I can "hate" anything. Its silly to cower just because you dont want to explain it. You are calling ME a hypocrite. I'm calling YOU a coward. Well, not really, but at least for the sake of argument. Its easier to give in than it is to try to explain, sometimes.....

I wonder how many weird YouTube cat videos Glenn has to sit through a day?
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 08-17-2017 at 12:08 PM.

I blame Duck Tape and his ilk for some of this anti-Confederate bullshit going on.

i blame him for my dog drinking water and then dripping some onto my floors.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i blame him for my dog drinking water and then dripping some onto my floors.
    I picture you as a feline owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    But just so we're clear, when I look at those monuments I don't think of a person that was racist. I think of someone who stood up to the government when their rights as a US Citizen were getting trampled. To me these monuments serve as a reminder of what can happen when a government gets too strong, much like revolutionary war monuments.
    It probably depends on the monument when it comes to what I think about. I'd mostly think about when and how it was erected, by who and for what purpose. If you are reminded about states rights when you see one, it seems like it shouldn't be hard for you to imagine someone thinking about states fighting for the right to violate human rights.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i bet he doesnt call that cat, but something like "feline" so he sounds all smart.

Stripa--its not about who has the most "heritage." (or about who has the most compassion, bc I am eat up with it). I think many are asking "when does it end?" While I have compassion for the child who lost her mother, I dont think the proper answer is to condemn the flag. I dont have to sell that philosophy to myself, because I dont give a shit, but i DO feel obligated to explain to those that "hate" the flag with more conviction than I can "hate" anything. Its silly to cower just because you dont want to explain it. You are calling ME a hypocrite. I'm calling YOU a coward. Well, not really, but at least for the sake of argument. Its easier to give in than it is to try to explain, sometimes.....
    I'm not quite sure I follow your point. I don't feel like people hate the flag. I feel like people want respect and fairness...human nature. I feel like folks that are raising the issue are saying "look, if the South has to be a shrine to the 1860's, let's at least tell the entire story and tell it truthfully." I don't think it's never going to end if we elect leaders that don't transform government at both the state and federal level.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

It probably depends on the monument when it comes to what I think about. I'd mostly think about when and how it was erected, by who and for what purpose. If you are reminded about states rights when you see one, it seems like it shouldn't be hard for you to imagine someone thinking about states fighting for the right to violate human rights.
    Judging by this response, I think its safe to say you bought the WMDs in Iraq as the sole reason for going back in, as well fighting the spread of communism as why we were in Vietnam.

Do you fucking nerds really walk by statues and think about all that goofy shit? I walk by a statue and think about where the nearest bathroom is because I need to piss after my 6th beer at the tailgate party. About the only statue I ever have looked at with any forethought is one of Christ. Otherwise...I got better shit to occupy my mind.