Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy a BMW x5 35d

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    DPF delete
    SCR delete
    EGR delete
    Tune
    So does that mean you have this deal figured out?

Not yet. In the brainstorming phase right now. I'm not the first person that's ever done this stuff to a diesel BMW though. They put this same 3.0L engine in numerous cars, so lots of parts out there. Heck I've even got choices on which ones to get.
    Last edited by willyworm; 08-22-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Nice ride, I wheeled with this one last fall up in Uwharrie.

Destroying a $60K+ SUV takes nuts.......don't knock them, this one was very capable.

URE13--134-X5.jpg

URE13--135-X5.jpg

URE13--136-X5.jpg

BMW and mercedes make you wish you went American when you have to replace or change anything
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    So does that mean you have this deal figured out?
    I can promise you KRT and Tommy have it figured out if it is a BMW.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I've seen some of the E57 X5's lifted and set up for off-road stuff, but looks like the body style I have there isn't anything. I would like to have a little more ground clearance from bigger tires, but can't find a lift to clear bigger rubbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

That style above is the E53. You have the E70 body style.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    That style above is the E53. You have the E70 body style.
    Yup. E53 is what I meant

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    BMW and mercedes make you wish you went American when you have to replace or change anything
    The money I'm saving on fuel costs compared to my American vehicle should about make up for it. If not it'll put me in the positive.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You ready to do these deletes KRT? Holler at me to let me know what day is good. Gotta make sure your loaner is free so I can roll to Atlanta to get the ECU flashed whole y'all are yanking the EGR and DPF out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BOOM- from 15 months ago- gotta love it when a job comes in like that
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 11-02-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    BOOM- from 15 months ago- gotta love it when a job comes in like that
    Especially with Duck season right around the corner now KRT can head OOS for the opener
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Yeah, just now getting around to this. Been researching and dragging my feet for long enough. I've had the straight pipe and EGR+swirl valve delete hardware just sitting in the garage collecting dust. Only thing I didn't have was the tune software. Gotta remove the computer then drive to Atlanta to flash it while they're removing the other stuff, then throw it back in.

The last straw was the other day when the "NEED MORE DEF" warning come on. Hopefully it'll be the last time! Trying to get this done before I have to put another drop of DEF fluid in that beast.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I really hate that DEF warning.

I try not to hate anything, except for all things evil. And that DEF warning is evil. Therefore I hate it.
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-30-2019 at 08:29 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My friend Pedro calls himself the "BMW". Says it stands for Big Mexican wiener. If thats what you are looking for , just give me your number. I will pass it along. Your welcome
    Last edited by scbulldog; 11-02-2018 at 02:25 PM.

I’ll get up with you this week. I’ve been crazy busy... as usual.
    More fuel = more boost!!

It's almost 5 on Friday...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bumping this up to say thank you.

KRT and crew got these deletes all wrapped up last week. EGR, SCR, DPF, all gone. New software the whole 9 yards. This bitch will flat out roll!!!

She's got a new growl to her, you can hear the turbo spool up when you get on it. Stinks like holy hell but it drives like a whole new ride! Thanks to the A2Z team for sticking with this delete despite the complications. I'll be referring any other BMW owners your way if they ask "hey where'd you get that badass work done?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frickin' nice ride you came out with Willyworm. Those models are nice, and you can't beat the ride. I'm glad it's working out how you intended.

I have a couple of clients who have wanted that same vehicle, and I sometimes help people find a year/make/model they're looking for through a few dealers I have connections with. One of my guys who I trust the most on finding used vehicles has steered me away from those models because, as he put it, "They ride like a dream, but are service hogs." I think you found you a good one, though, and I hope it does everything you need it to, especially with the deletes. And KRT can probably work on those things blindfolded.

Now, if I could only find someone(besides Dick Deyer) who can work on Mercedes, I'll be in business. If anyone has a recommendation, throw them my way(I need a starter replaced).