Thread: Realgrass/Fastgrass mats?

This may be a stupid question but...which direction to ya'll hang your mats on the blind frame? Do you hang it with the woven (not the loose grass end) end to the top or bottom of the blind? I have tried it both ways but was wondering what everyone else does. I think it looks better to have the loose grass at the top and the rest of it naturally lays down/flips over and looks very realistic.

What do ya'll do?

I will try to post some pictures of my new homemade blind if I can find a new hosting site.

Johnny, I have used fastgrass in the past, and I used it going both ways. Over time it will sag, so keep that in mind. If you have access to Palm fronds, use those, I do. Hey, if you find a host site, let me know and I will post some pics of my homemade blind on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

JR, I turn mine down do to it sagging when it gets wet. I took an extra sheet and ripped strips to fasten to the top of the blind.

Gets rid of the sewn edges and helps break up the straight lines some. I ues shrimp net to back it up.

I have used Fastgrass and have seen Real grass, I like the Quack Grass best, it's about $17.00 a sheet at Sports Authority in north Chas.

I like the way it weather's out too. It's very durable.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

mount it upside down, woven end up but wrap it over, that way water can drain out easier in such a case of a boat blind.
    Good to talk, see you out there!

This shit probably won't work either!

Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

Now we're cookin

Not cooking yet.

Try again.

oh well [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

It showed up a minute ago......screw it!

gawd, it IS possible that somebody sucks more than I do at posting pics.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Yep G....I DO!!!
    I didn't realize you had to be a member of that site to see the pics. Can it be this fuckin hard??

How long should new Realgrass mats last? (how many seasons?) What/how do you take care of them to make the last the longest?

I have always had a burlap/camo material type boat blind and I am tryin something new this year. Sorry for so many stupid questions.

Thanks.